The Combine Forum banner

IMAZETHAPYR (Pursuit) Carryover to Flax

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SouthernSK 
#1 ·
Has anyone planted flax 24 months after a IMAZETHAPYR or Pursuit application? We applied .75oz preemerge on lentils in spring of 2015 and want to plant flax back into that field now in 2017. Its been 24 months. Restriction says 26 months but im guessing that is for a full rate treatment of 2-3 ozs?? Or should I play it safe and switch crops? Thanks

#4 ·
no

Keep in mind lawyers draw the labels rather than scientists. Don't sweat it.

I have a question for you, how do you like Pursuit vs Spartan?

Spartan can't be used on lentils but we used to use it on peas and use it some on Soybeans yet. But it seems to have a lot better control than Pursuit overall. Only reason I used pursuit is we decided to stick a half section of lentils in that we hadn't planned on in the spring of 2015 and we hadn't fall sprayed it with valor for lentils. So next best option was roundup and a light rate of pursuit pre and it works ok but I wouldn't rely on it for fields that are notoriously dirty. Gotta get away from using pursuit at all now that we are growing more canola.

#5 ·
If it is wet after you apply the pursuit through the summer you will have little to none left the next year. I never even thought about pursuit and flax. In some situations we put on a 15% rate in a mix and seed canola and other crops the year after with no priblems. We however have not done it with flax.

#8 ·
I'm wondering same thing with canola. In spring of 2015 I used 1 oz of pursuit on lentils and now wanting to put canola on that ground. Last year I seeding canola with 30 months in between pursuit and seen no effects. Label says 40 months but they go by the heavy rate of pursuit with the label but I hate to have a wreck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.