Liquid Fertilizer? - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #31 (permalink)

Default bulk fertilizer

Farmers Cooperative is the area leader in fertilizer and chemical spreading and spraying .Our qualified staff can help you with special blends for corn,soybeans,grass hay,or other crops. We have fertilizer spreader trucks to spread dry fertilizer and also buggy,s that can be pulled behind a tractor or truck for the smaller acreages. We also have spray rigs and liquid fertilizer available to service Arkansas and Oklahoma
http://www.ferti-organic.com/products/super-k-fulvate/

Last edited by brittany367; 09-11-2012 at 07:47 AM.
brittany367 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Dont agree on a pound of N is a pound of N theory. There is a wide difference between N efficiency as N2 gas, amounium, nitrate, and nitrite, with ammonium being the best.
Downandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ground Engagement

Hello Dieseldog, I work for a company called Pattison Liquid Systems out of southern Saskatchewan. We have been in the liquid fert business for 30 years now and have an excellent staff on hand to answer any and all questions about liquid fert. If you would like to speak with one of our people you can contact the office at 1-866-509-0715, we would be happy to help out. Thanks.
AJINNOVATION is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downandlow View Post
Dont agree on a pound of N is a pound of N theory. There is a wide difference between N efficiency as N2 gas, amounium, nitrate, and nitrite, with ammonium being the best.
I don't know what you mean by "nitrogen efficiency" and I suspect you don't either. For the purposes of most people who post here plants uptake nitrogen as nitrate. No matter what form the nitrogen is in when it is applied, the plant needs to have it converted to nitrate in order to absorb it. And at the root surface a pound of nitrate is a pound of nitrate, no matter whether it came from cow **** or the Haber-Bosch process. End of lecture.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
I don't know what you mean by "nitrogen efficiency" and I suspect you don't either. For the purposes of most people who post here plants uptake nitrogen as nitrate. No matter what form the nitrogen is in when it is applied, the plant needs to have it converted to nitrate in order to absorb it. And at the root surface a pound of nitrate is a pound of nitrate, no matter whether it came from cow **** or the Haber-Bosch process. End of lecture.
I agree with you but I think he was more referring to how/what is applied, and the efficiency of converting said product to nitrate form. Such as the difference between moist and dry soils when applying anhydrous, or liquid fert, the methods used to apply urea such as broadcast/in-furrow, etc.

I think N conversion efficiency would better describe what downandlow was eluding too.

Bruce
Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

Pretty sure plants take up ammonium and nitrate. To believe nitrogen conversion and up take effiency between different forms of n is identicle is incorrect. Lots of variables your working with here including but not limited to soil texture, moisture, microbial activity .... lecture over!
Downandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.