Old Case SPV - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Old Case SPV

Just putting up a pic of the first Case self propelled combine here. Palouse was over a couple weeks ago and was looking for a pic of the SPV which came before the 301 and later 302 which were versions of the old 120 levelland. These were earlier versions of the SP made from about 47 till 53 I would guess. Found this on CIH's site for one of the South American countries I think. It had the high bulk grain tank making it very hard to see the truck when unloading. Long chute on the end of the unloading auger. Straight up and down steering wheel and smaller operator's platform. Had an earlier D tractor engine probably. Very slow on the road. So was the early old 55 H Deere's too though.
redpainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Old Case SPV

It does look the same as this one I have of what I believe to be a model 120. Taken here in Sask. cutting wheat about 1960 beside a Massey #90. Strange why Case put the operator platform over on the opposite side to most others.
rusty6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Found that I had some old owners manuals on hand with some good pictures. The 120 and 150 models appear to be more like the 301 and 302 models.

I've always enjoyed reading the old owners manuals for the things they talk about. These Case combines often came with elementary instructions on how to harvest a field. Nowadays they are more apt to be telling you how to calibrate the global positioning system. We've come a long way in a half century.

This is the best shot I have a a Case V-2 pull combine mentioned above.

palouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

My uncle had a 300 series side hill that had only one rear wheel that had hydraulic motor to make it all wheel drive on demand .It had some idiosyncrasies,in that to back up it had to be in gauged or the steering linkage would break.I did this first time I drove it,uncle was not happy ,as he went to get welder my dad says don't worry uncle has broken it more than once the same day.Wish I had pictures to share ,but parent never took an of equipment.Thank to you all that do post and have pictures to share .
ray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

This one is sleeping in shedded retirement but has the hydraulic rear wheel. I have the instruction manual for the whole rear drive kit and it's a complex arrangement. This 302 belongs to a neighbor.

palouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Case had a older version of 120-150 that was called a sp9 an larger one called sp12. sp 9 used a sc engine . Dad bought a sp12 with 12 ft header about 1955 for 5500 dollars.Weight was 7500lb-really heavy machine!!!! Brother an i ran it for15 yrs.Was pretty trouble free with exception of sickle. Sections were to thin an bent-guards were pressed steel an bent- an sickle drive sometimes broke but fact we cut down barley with grass in it might have helped.Combines had a modified vac transmission with full floating axles .D engine had lots power.Ours being a non hilside went fast on road-probably faster than tractors.I think 120 an 150 had sickle improved an believe unloading auger that is straight was for beans asit would not crack them as much.Almost ran over my self changing air to sieves as you had to crawl under machine in front of drive tires to do it. Had engine running an( clutch variable speed was leaver you pulled with right arm an had lot of notches for different speeds an also 1 for release) while under combine i heard distinct sound of ileaver slipping out of notch an new combine would instantly go forward over me!!!!!!Made a hasty retreat an never did that again!!!!!!
chickweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.