1926 Rumley Combine w/20' head - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1926 Rumley Combine w/20' head

I was on the harvest crew with S&W this year and on the trip I was given a 1926 Rumley Combine with a 20' head and a
Rumley Header trailer to haul the head. The combine has been sitting out side sence 1956 in a grove of trees, but is still in pretty good condition, the canvas was even put in a barrel and stored in the barn. What i was wanting to know does anyone have any pictures of one of these machines to use for reference while i am restoring it. Also what would a machine like this be worth in the shape its in or restored. Even thongh i have no intention of selling it. I was also even given a Massey Harris 21-A! Well thanks in advance.

Swartz
swartz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 1926 Rumley Combine w/20' head

Swartz, I'm just thrilled to learn of your new gifts. I really hope you love the old combines as much as I do!

Just as with automobiles, our combines have a rich history and every now and then, a relic of the past resurfaces as a reminder of years gone by. Like old cars, old combines should be collected and preserved, as fewer of them yet remain. I'm as big on combines of the past as I am the current. Also, by preserving the past, we have something to learn by and to work out any infirmities thereof.

Each new generation of combines offers not only better technology and performance, but also improved ergonomics and often, even better aesthetics.
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have always belived in saving old combines. Right now i have the following combines
John Deere 40,45,45,55,95,105,and 12-A Case A, Rumley 20' Massey harris 21-A, and a Allis chalmers 66-A, and a Gleaner E . I dont know if you get Tractor Shop Magizine but they did a story on my John Deere Combines in May 2005. I jsut figure that one day these old buities wont be around and i want to save as many as possible, because it seems that in my area no one cares about them, so anytime i see one sell i try to buy it. Well i better get back out to the fields and try and get some more corn picked before the storm. Talk to yah later.

Swartz
swartz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey that's just great, Swartz! If I did not love combines so much, I would not be here in the first place, either. They are just awesome and I'm likewise responsible for saving several, although i've given or sold them to good homes when I had to move.

Missouri still has a huge diversity of surviving antique combines. This is how people like us are going to make a mark in history. Restoring any combine is not for the fainthearted or casual collector. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to bring back a combine--even more so than a tractor.

Keep up the good work. Those combines deserve it!
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.