The Combine Forum - View Profile: gleanerman

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. gleanerman
    11-03-2013 01:12 PM - permalink
    gleanerman
    The inner and outer surfaces do the work, in between is insulation. We have had good success having a machine shop true up the inner and outer rings and then cutting back the insulation so there is a bit of clearance between it and the armature (maybe 1/16") We have done two this way and if the lips on the magnet are not too far gone there was sufficient depth on the insulation to allow it to be cut back without exposing any wire. Resurface the armature and you are set to go.
  2. SmokinCummins
    10-02-2013 07:30 PM - permalink
    SmokinCummins
    Hello, I was searching for answers on the separator clutch and found some answers, but need more clarity. I am working on an 87 L3. The armature has an inner and outer groove in it. The surface in between the two groves has been a little warm.

My question is about the magnet. In the middle where there is a facing, it looks to be a clutch. However, I think you referred to it as a insulation. Is the insulation supposed to contact the armature and act as a clutch? Or do the inner and outer steel lips act as the clutch?

If I "rebuild" this setup, can I just resurface the armature, and then true up the magnet?

Thank You,
    Matt Gilmore

About Me

• About gleanerman

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Today 03:22 PM
  • Referrals: 0

Mentions

No results to display...

Quotes

02-25-2017
08:17 PM - Gleaners across America quoted gleanerman in post Questions on the L series grain pan
More questions... is the engine...
02-14-2017
06:46 AM - Twin City quoted gleanerman in post N7 with R62 internals ?
I put a P-3 rotor in my N-6 and...
02-03-2017
07:28 PM - gleanerman quoted Dillon1990 in post New barn/shop
So it's going to be a bit bigge...
01-26-2017
04:52 AM - 361turbo quoted gleanerman in post Iveco engine failure
Years ago I bought a new 3 ton ...
01-05-2017
07:41 PM - chance2 quoted gleanerman in post 55 JD combine
A bit off topic but we had one ...
11-02-2015
12:26 PM - RunninREDharD quoted gleanerman in post L3 keeps destroying sprockets
Looks like a major misalignment...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome