Largest Wheatfarms - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Largest Wheatfarms

oh okay I get what you're saying. That must be some sight if they all run together....
admin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
hfh

Diamond Ring Farms in SD had 28,000 acres of wheat this year. That has to be the most wheat of any farmer in the US as far as I know. There is also a 100,000 acre farm SE of Denver, CO, but I don't know how much was in wheat though. Thats all I know. I'm sure there are more wheat kings out there.
hfh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 03:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:Diamond Ring Farms in SD had 28,000 acres of wheat this year. That has to be the most wheat of any farmer in the US as far as I know. There is also a 100,000 acre farm SE of Denver, CO, but I don't know how much was in wheat though. Thats all I know. I'm sure there are more wheat kings out there.

The farm you're talking about is out of Byers Colorado. The farmer's name starts with an L but I cannot for the life of me think of what it is. He leased 23 2388's a while back ago to do his summer wheat harvest. So that should tell you the kind of acres this guy has. He plowed up all his pasture ground just to plant it to wheat.

Alex
admin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

ron greentree in aussie crops over 100000 acres of wheat . generally need 6-8000 acres of crop per labour unit in aus
barhgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
beh
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:Diamond Ring Farms in SD had 28,000 acres of wheat this year. That has to be the most wheat of any farmer in the US as far as I know. There is also a 100,000 acre farm SE of Denver, CO, but I don't know how much was in wheat though. Thats all I know. I'm sure there are more wheat kings out there.

The farm you're talking about is out of Byers Colorado. The farmer's name starts with an L but I cannot for the life of me think of what it is. He leased 23 2388's a while back ago to do his summer wheat harvest. So that should tell you the kind of acres this guy has. He plowed up all his pasture ground just to plant it to wheat.

Alex

The guys name is linnebur (sp?). They start lining combines up is the spring on the south side of US 36 between byers and last chance. makes an impressive lineup, lots of money. makes a guy wonder where he comes up with help.

That guy has a brother that farms north of limon colorado that i have talked to about combining. He has 12-22000 acres of wheat a year. organic stuff, i would guess makes 15-25, it is in really rough country, ditches and terraces and stuff, not prime land to say the least. He will gaurantee 1000 acres a combine but it was too cheap for me, $13 cut and haul to on farm storage. It is really neat to go down there during harvest, a rat race to say the least...i know some of his neighbors...they are entertained to say the least. Got a whole fleet of old stigers, if you ever have the chance to see either operation it is well worth a few extra miles.

Merry Christmas
brad
beh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've found this hread rather entertaining, but I really have to question just how exacting and efficient such mega farming really is. Now, I'm not just saying this to put them down. Maybe some of these guys really know what they're doing, but more than twice, I've hunted on some of Mr. Bigstuff's land, and have found the forgotten fields. Seriously, the rotten, matted-down crop was not just intentionally planted for the birds. I was told it would be a "plowed" or a "drilled" field, only to find the remains of sorghum or wheat--that had never been combined! Oh, how this really goes over, when I mention such to the boss or foreman, thinking I may have misread his directions and truly wonder why I'm in the "wrong" field!
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have cut at the Linnebur farm north of Limon CO, and it is very huge. He hired at least 10 harvesting crews to come in and cut his wheat, just so happens my bosses where his #1 crew so guess what he had to cut all the rough stuff, rocks hills, very short wheat stuff like that. There was this one field that we started on it on a Sunday and finished the next Saturday and that was with 7 combines. We all stayed on his farm about 25 miles north of Limon. He had like 10 9400 tractors to plow, it was really cool to be able to see all them sitting there.
gibbons025 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sounds like an impressive farm in Co!! Do they have a web page to check out their operation?
cat95e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Does that large wheat farm in Byers Co use Cat tractors? I'm looking at a few used ones from a dealer near there, and was wondering why he had so many for sale.
cat95e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2005, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Where are you located cat95e?
cogleaner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.