The Combine Forum banner

HELP.....Mid America Diesel....PROBLEMS

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  offroadnt 
#1 ·
Is there anyone on this site that knows anything about Mid America Diesel in Holly Michigan? Im starting to regret a decision that I made..... The engine in our 9400T went last fall (12.5 litre). We pulled it out ourselves and shipped it to Holly, Michigan to be completly rebuit....this was the very beginning of Dec. I have talked to the owner many times but still havent seen my engine yet....lots of excuses but no answers. Steve Spencer the owner always says he will call me back or get someone else to give me a update but it never happens......Im getting worried. Im probably a 15hr drive away so just going there is not that simple.

#2 ·
talked to the owner many times but still havent seen my engine yet....lots of excuses but no answers. Steve Spencer the owner always says he will call me back or get someone else to give me a update but it never happens......Im getting worried. Im probably a 15hr drive away so just going there is not that simple.
I dont have any experiance with them, but you should have shipping records for your motor and someone would have to sign for it once deliverd.
You should be able to get this from the shipping company, once you have this it might be well worth a 15 hr drive or plane ticket to go there and get answers face to face. If it was recieve by them from the shipper than they better produce your engine. I think compared to the cost of a complete drop in you would be well paid for your time to drive.

#3 ·
I know for sure they have the engine....thats not the issue...they told me they sent the head out to be done and when it came back the valves were wrong so they sent it back for correct ones.....then they said they put a rebuilt turbo on but when they sent the engine to their dyno room it wasnt making enough HP so they sent the turbo back for another one....but that was 3 weeks ago and I cant get a straight answer about the current state of the engine or even when they expect to ship it....its always I will get back to you...Im home sick....I was in a bad truck accident....my shipping guy is on holidays!! I will definatly make the drive there but I am still hoping to not have to do that.....maybe just a call to the local Sheriff!!

#5 ·
If they are sending everything away to get done they aren't really a rebuild shop from the sounds of it.

I was thinking you could tell them to stuff it and get another engine but I guess you need the core. Aren't there companies that send you rebuilt engines, you change it out then send them the core? That's the way we did the Allison transmission for our loader.

Good luck, hopefully they do a decent job after this fiasco, I bet they won't ship it until it's payed in full also...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.