The Combine Forum banner

Canada's Farm Progress Show

11K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  Don Boles 
#1 ·
:trac1:

Its that time of year again for the farm progress show here in Regina.

I've gone ahead and posted the schedule here if anyone is interested.

Farm Progress Show Schedule

Hope to see you guys there, should be a good one.

#12 ·
I went today wow usually you can't get a seat in the western pizza bar at noon. Today half the tables were empty
Gotta give credit though for the parking by the airport and the free bus ride to the show. I definitely will do that again. It sure doesn't take long to walk around the exhibits outside

#14 ·
The city of Regina hasn't made it the easiest for some of these people to bring stuff into the show either. I find the show seems different with everything moving inside.....including the beer gardens. I was there a couple years ago and the music inside was so loud you couldn't talk to anyone.

#15 ·
I've noticed on here there isn't any talk about the show really compared to a few years ago, only 12 posts in this thread. And in general there isn't near as much talk about new equipment on here. That could be lack of interest or the people interested in the new stuff aren't on here as much?

#21 ·
I've never been to the Regina show, but I did over the years witness first hand the demise of the Edmonton one. And it was the big players that were first to bow out and more than one dealer principles of those colors admitted to me point blank, it was due to cost, which is shared by corporate and dealers both. And also the size of the newer stuff played a part as well, requiring huge amounts of square footage for display area, and the transport issues as well. The exposure and advertising gained, simply wasn't worth the cost. And I think there are very few people these days who would make a purchase decision of a large ticket item based on whether or not someone had their product at a show. Look at how much info is now at our fingertips instantly, that required a drive and an hours worth of BSing with a salesman twenty years ago.

With that said, I agree, it is nice to be able to look at competitors machines one after the other for comparisons and such, but I find myself more into looking at the shortline products and little guys displays more than the big boys, even at the likes of Red Deer. They are the ones I can't readily find online or locally.

#22 ·
Hmm, wonder?

Anyone hear attendance #'s for the show?
Here's my guide:
CANADA'S FARM PROGRESS SHOW 50/50 WINNERS

Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Winning Number: A-50886
Total prize to be claimed: $1668

Thursday, June 16, 2016
Winning Number: B-18718
Total prize to be claimed: $2,445

Friday, June 17, 2016
Winning Number: C-34666
Total prize to be claimed: $978

The winner can claim the prize at SEED HAWK NORTH 40 in BRANDT CENTRE during bar hours or call 306-695-7724 to claim

Assuming 50/50 draw correlates to attendance LOL.

#23 ·
Radio said 41,000 this year, seems to me that is fairly typical.

I am getting ticked off with equipment on display and all hoods, covers, access doors, etc are closed. Alot of big ticket items are indoors so weather is not a factor for leaving panels open. I like to have a close look at how things are put together or what has changed from a model i have to the current model. With everything closed up you may as well look at brochures.

I would think a piece of equipment dragged there to be displayed should have everything possible viewable and even spend a few minutes unbolting some shields that are not simply 10 second items to open. But that is my style. Seems popular thinking is to display equipment in all its shining glory with slick styling which means close it all up.

#24 ·
Yes, I think 40,000 +/- is typical of late.
So, if we extrapolate 41,000 based on the 50/50 draw:
Wed 13,433
Thur 19,690
Fri 7,876
Sure would be interesting to know the actuals now!:)

I know Thursday is the big day but I don't think 50/50 results are overly reflective beyond showing that.

Good point, most motorized equipment is all closed in.
I will point out however the Claas 760 had all shields open and a few shields removed that require a tool so even with the perceived lots of parts there they don't mind showing them off.

#25 · (Edited)
AGCO had the MF 9645 all opened up on Wed. when I was there, but the hoods for most of the tractors where closed. CaseIH just didn't show up which still irks me! I personally think this shows days are numbered, especially with AG in Motion starting to take off !! Went to Ag in Motion website to get exhibitor list and Rocky Mountain Equipment is there for CaseIH !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.