The Combine Forum banner

Southfork harvesters

23K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  deererunner 
#1 ·
Seen a sale bill for the entire outfit July 1 2015 in Imperial Ne. That will open up a lot of acres..

#4 ·
I live 20 miles from them. Its a mystery as to why they are selling out and nobody local knows about it yet, they dominated the area as far as crews go. I know I will at least have a chance to pick up some acres now. The auction is at the time our harvest is ready which tells me the bank is forcing the sale and wont allow them to generate income in their back yard further depreciating the machinery. Thats just a guess though.

#15 ·
Too much new equipment , would be tough to make all those payments ? I can see why they are going out of business ..................I just seen Wrights at the Loves truckstop in Boise City ok . yesterday. Looks like a hand wiped out the top of his t600 KW had straps holding the top of the sleeper down bahahahaha

#16 ·
Not familiar with auction prices over there...but to me it seems a bit steep. Don't know why, but one outfit goes bankrupt, but then the banks go and give a loan to someone else to buy all of the equipment....in a circle it goes

#17 ·
The skuttlebutt about southfork goin belly up had alot to do with some questionable business practices stemming off of catastrophic insurance policies with deere. He owed deere alot of money....ALOT. The trucks really sold well, and the tractors brought top dollar, the combines didnt fare so bad either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.