Any North Americans or Canadians looking for a seachange/holiday in Australia? - The Combine Forum

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Cool Any North Americans or Canadians looking for a seachange/holiday in Australia?

Are there any of you guys interested in a working holiday in Western Australia to broaden your ag knowledge and have a good time? I spent time working in the States some time ago and loved it. Thought maybe we could return the favour as we are looking for somebody to help with sowing the 2017 crop and the jobs that occur either side of it. Would be refreshing to have somebody enthusiastic and passionate about grain farming around the place. Ideally would be a March 1st start date and work through to around June 30. Could possibly be work for longer if it suited. I could quite easily find work for friends with other good farmers in the area if you wanted to travel with a friend or friends. Work would quialify you for a second year visa extension if that was desireable.

Just to be clear, we aren't looking for cheap labour. Prepared to pay full going rate based on experience. Will help fund the rest of your holiday ��

Reply here, PM me or email should be in profile

Last edited by westaus; 01-07-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Was a way more interested until I read the body of your message and found out it was a "working" holiday. LOL

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
It's too bad I have my own sowing/spraying to do from April through June. Sounds like fun. I've got a couple buds from school down there I wouldn't mind seeing again.
SWFarmService likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Man , this sure brings back memories for me. I worked for a custom harvester over the 1983-4. The main farm was by Kondinin (spelling?)WA. Roaded those Masseys up to Geraldton and worked our way back and all over. Some rain days were spent in bar called the Tarcoola Tavern in Geralton. We worked hard and played hard. Good way to see the world and grow up when your 21.
radar likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skfarmboy View Post
Was a way more interested until I read the body of your message and found out it was a "working" holiday. LOL
What a working holiday, yuck, pooie!
jcalder and Northern Farmer like this.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll will always get you the right ones.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
our winters be close to a summers day 4 you, don you could wave as you ride by and visit doc as well ,city farmer did you work in three springs with a l2 gleaner and 850mf
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Farmer View Post
Man , this sure brings back memories for me. I worked for a custom harvester over the 1983-4. The main farm was by Kondinin (spelling?)WA. Roaded those Masseys up to Geraldton and worked our way back and all over. Some rain days were spent in bar called the Tarcoola Tavern in Geralton. We worked hard and played hard. Good way to see the world and grow up when your 21.
Tarcoola Tavern is still there and still open as of a couple of years ago when I was there.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfarmac View Post
our winters be close to a summers day 4 you, don you could wave as you ride by and visit doc as well ,city farmer did you work in three springs with a l2 gleaner and 850mf
I don't recall Three Springs, but I was running a MF 850, no gleaners on the outfit. The other headers were 860 & 3 - 760s.
We were heading inland a ways one day, and the radio station said it was 49 *C. My a/c was the last one to konk out in my header. So we stopped on the outskirts of a local town, (we slept in the caravans) some of the lingo is coming back to me now. The pub was air conditioned....was I ever thankful for that, We was planning on drinking there till closing time, thinking that might be 1:am or something. But I was very surprised when they closed at 10m and we had to finish the party back at the camp. I remember it was still hot in the morning and I was pretty thirsty.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I would but PETA would get mad at me punching a Roo in the face.

Last edited by BertolliKid; 01-10-2017 at 01:49 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertolliKid View Post
I would buy PETA would get mad at me punching a Roo in the face.
That reminds me, we did go roo hunting from the back of a ute. It's probably politically incorrect to say that, but there was emus all over too, and those **** snakes everywhere. I hated unplugging the front of the combine, especially at night, cause you could see them slithering in the stubble and all I ever wore was shorts and flip flops it seemed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page