steiger 855 cummins parts book - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
steiger 855 cummins parts book

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a parts book to suit a nt 855 c big cam engine in a ST 251 steiger.
I have been to our local cummins dealer and they don't seem to able to come up with one. I have had some issues getting parts for this engine as they must have been made for steiger and not the general run of the mill cummins 855. Did they make such a book either through cummins or CIH/ steiger? The rear end plate gasket on the oil pump is one example. The plumbing for the suction is another. Any info would be very helpfull. Here is a link to some parts books I come across.
Parts Catalog for Cummins 855 Engines | Big Cam | NT855
Maybe someone could help out here.

Cheers qlder1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Have you looked at Quickserve online? Free account up to 5 esn..

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Many many variations of those engines, and no, there are no actual parts on the engine itself specific to any other manufacturer. With the CPL number off the engine tag Cummins can tell exactly what configuration that engine is and exactly how it is specced and setup. Unless of course it is a transplant. I own several of them and work on many and have never once ever needed a parts book. The BC I engine in my versy 875 is no different in basic engine configuration than what the BC I is in my one truck, except for things like the fuel pump and fan mount for example. Only place you start pulling big differences is when you get into marine apps. I'm wondering if part of your trouble is the typical one many of us run into, that being the engine is older than the person looking it up and they haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

You will need the engine serial number as well as the CPL, but this site with Cummins maybe able to help you out. Link posted below. You will need to register, it is free, however I don't believe you can get far by not registering. You can register up to five engines. If in the event your engine tag is missing, at the top left corner of the block, just below the head at the rear corner, the engine serial number is stamped into the block. Again, this only helps if the block is original.

The gasket you mention is simply the one for the pump drive blank cover, nothing special with that for industrial apps, be exactly the same one used when the hole is blanked off on the front cover, if you can't get one, simply make one.
Suction line varies depending upon type of oil pan, stamped steel vs aluminium, forward vs rear sump, again, not much special with any of it. If it is a hose, simply make a new one, the hose ends are reusable and the hose is simple single steel braid fabric coated.

https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks for the replies.

I need to replace the water pump pulley on an 855 . Turns out it's cheaper to buy a reman pump @$570 than replace the pulley @ over $500!

Cheers qlder1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page