The Combine Forum banner

Brown Box Replacement Keypad

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  les 
#1 ·
Any Dealers or people out there have a display dummy brown box from showroom or dead brown box that is collecting dust. had a whoops replacing some plastic paneling in a tractor and hooked the 2 button and ripped it off. It doesn`t have a gps subscription or anything like that all we use it for is controlling our air drill and cart, but still a piss off with a missing 2. date code is a 4808 on the data tag not sure if SN is required but have picture of the front.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I tried them, it's a flat rate of like $6-800. Doesn't matter if it's a $2 part or board replavement. I was thinking there has to be some fake cases that were used for display purposes at dealerships. Cause for $6-800 I could prob figure out a way to scab it together but wanted to do it right and not get taken to the cleaners.

#4 · (Edited)
Perhaps you could take it apart and see if there is a keyboard manufacturer labeled on the back of it. Then do a search. They are very common and all use high resistance/carbon based contact.

Guys like this will make for you Silicone Rubber Keypad Manufacturer - Electronic Product Applications

Or give these guys your dimensions etc. Its a very common pad.

Silicone Keypads | Abatek Group - Creating Input Solutions

Or if you can get the dimensions... https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-silicone-alarm-keypad_514032554.html example.
They cost about 2$ for 50 of them. Now you know the real cost.

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/silicone-keypad.html

#5 ·
Sounds a lot of money to fix that little problem, have you tried calling around the Jd dealers,one may have an old brown box that is fried inside that you can swap the guts out of. Assuming the case is a separate part to the insides. I bought a spare box off kijji for 500$ Might be an option too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.