Most accurate RTK system??? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scottsbluff ,Ne
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we run both trimble and jd here...we have found that they are both as accurate as the other however.....the trimble seems be be a bit more consistant accuracy...jd has come a long way with their guidance in the last 2 years and they have worked very well for us!!
goldie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
farmer 4 ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
we run both trimble and jd here...we have found that they are both as accurate as the other however.....the trimble seems be be a bit more consistant accuracy...jd has come a long way with their guidance in the last 2 years and they have worked very well for us!!
The thing is precision for guidance and precision for height is two different worlds. it's a lot harder to get sub inch accuracy going vertical than horizontal. That's why I wish I'll be able to compare my system to a laser next summer and maybe other company as well.
farmer 4 ever is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Deere dealer tells me Deere guidance is rated as accurate 95% of the time.
GREEN TEAM is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Senior Member
 
harsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN TEAM View Post
My Deere dealer tells me Deere guidance is rated as accurate 95% of the time.
Yeah, what they tell you and actual can be different, look at the specs to be sure. Deere site says 95% accurate for 15 minutes, what is the accuracy over a hour?

Last edited by harsh; 02-16-2013 at 11:21 AM.
harsh is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scottsbluff ,Ne
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer 4 ever View Post
The thing is precision for guidance and precision for height is two different worlds. it's a lot harder to get sub inch accuracy going vertical than horizontal. That's why I wish I'll be able to compare my system to a laser next summer and maybe other company as well.
I see what your saying. I guess I needed to read your OP a little more...
goldie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome