The Combine Forum banner

Grain markets ??

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Plomb 
#1 ·
Wow canola has lost a buck a bushel in the last week where are we headed ? Are we potentially growing another crop like we did in 2013? 11 dollar September canola looks pretty good right now

#4 ·
I'm starting to get the idea that there is a biggish crop coming in Western Canada besides the areas that were dry early on and suffered irreversible damage. Eastern Manitoba has flooding issues but we aren't many acres. Of course there are problem areas as always but in general sounds not too bad. US remains to be seen. There is a very dry pocket in the corn belt but it's shrinking with recent rains.

#6 ·
Well, I drove near a field the other day to look at some soybeans. I couldnt get close because a highway is right there and I didnt want to park on the side too bad in busy traffic. So I just eyed it from about 100 yard away on a service road.

I thought to myself wow those are some really early soybeans, until on second look I realized it was canola cabbage. There are some unreal canola crops started here.

#13 ·
its a worry that so so much grain is unsold in Australia as well I know guys sitting on a few thousand tonne of feed barley all grades and asw wheat on farm and in store waiting for prices to rise.
some "experts" suggest 30 to 40% of last years harvest is unsold. my take there have been opportunities domestically.

one thing a lot of farmers don't understand we will hold out for higher prices in face of low world prices global market what do buyer do import grain lupins classic example this year importing meal from overseas way cheaper per unit of protein ****s us farmers off but that's the way it is

#15 ·
STO ,cheap ocean freight rules .Industry will buy overseas before they will pay a fair price for domestic grown product .

On the note of good crops ,until the hail comes we may have the best crop ever coming in this area . Mustard ,peas ,lentils are blooming ,durum is thigh high and heading and maybe as thick as I have ever seen in this corner .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.