Indoor pressure washer - The Combine Forum

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Indoor pressure washer

I want to get a pressure washer that can be installed inside the shop and used to wash both inside and outside. I am thinking electric but not sure if a heated one is a good idea or not.

First of all there is a vent on the top of the heated one for the exhaust from the heater, I am assuming if diesel is burnt that this should not be in an enclosed building? Can this just be vented outside with a furnace duct or something like that? I also was gonna run a line through the wall with a coupler so I could just plug a hose in outside and go. Would slope it so it could be drained out in case of frost. Anybody do this?

Also leaning toward a John Deere washer. They are made by Mi-T-M and sound like a decent product. I snooped around awhile back and the price was reasonable too. Any input on brands or where to buy would be appreciated as well.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We have a dynablast in our shop permanently mounted it is 240 volt 10 hp electric motor with propane heater shop is propane heated so went that route. Yes it is vented through the ceiling. Purchased in brandon at pumps and pressure. 11 years now and no problems. Same as your wanting have a tee on outlet and quick couplers and valves. Summer time hose stays out side winter inside. Just go with steel line through interior so you don't lose much pressure thorough hose expanding with that kind or pressure.

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Yes a diesel burner can be vented out side with out any issues. I would buy a hotsy hand down they are more money I'm sure but I think it is money well spent.
albertabuck likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have a hotsy with diesel burner and honda motor. its on wheels so can move it around shop, barn or pad. use in shop in winter with door closed no problem.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
We have a 240 electric unit for use around the milking parlour, I think we have stainless piping to four separate locations, small sections of flex hose where the runs go through walls for chatter reduction, no outlets outside though, main outlet is right beside a garage door so we just open up and give er. Also picked up a gas powered unit last year, can be handier sometimes
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
I will be ready for some sort of speech but I have a 10 hp electric 4 gal, 4000 psi, 220 degrees diesel burner

It don't leave the shop and it is not vented, I have run it hours on end without ever smelling fumes, really surprising because it is a pig on fuel. It will stink if you run it out or if the fuel filter becomes plugged.

Mine is very inefficient so it puts alot of heat out so use in the summer time it warms the shop a fair bit, in the winter it takes the load off the furnaces for sure, stick your head over it and you will have an instant hair cut
shmiffy likes this.

God Bless America
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
The problem I find with the gas powered washers is the viberation is hard on the burners, my next one is going to be electric hands down
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I have the mid size john Deere. Electric pump and diesel heater. I use it in the shop lots in the winter. Gets hot enough to burn your arm if you touch the quick couple. I really like it. I had a gas pressure washer before, it had to be ran outside. I like the one I have now a lot better. Get chemical guys foam cannon and use Mr pink soap in it. Can wash semi with a tridem trailer with 4 oz of soap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (877.8 KB, 106 views)
SWFarmService likes this.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Great input so far from everybody, keep it coming!

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmiffy View Post
I have the mid size john Deere. Electric pump and diesel heater. I use it in the shop lots in the winter. Gets hot enough to burn your arm if you touch the quick couple. I really like it. I had a gas pressure washer before, it had to be ran outside. I like the one I have now a lot better. Get chemical guys foam cannon and use Mr pink soap in it. Can wash semi with a tridem trailer with 4 oz of soap.
Heard of the chemicals before, do you scrub that semi after applying that chemical or just blast it off ? A there anyone in sk that sells them ?

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page