The Combine Forum banner

Folding Corn Heads

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  rlippinc 
#1 ·
When did Case come out with their 8 row folding chopping corn head? 2007 or so? You don't see much literature on it; I suppose it's a pretty small market. Anyone have any experience with one? How do they perform?

#9 ·
We heard they were concerned about weight and road travel. We hounded them for years for a folding 12 row and nothing. Went to Geringhoff and won't go back. Its a much better head than Case. They did the same thing with a 24 row planter, drug their feet long enough we went to Kinze. Ended up going back to Case when they finally came out with a 24 row because we really like their planters but we won't go back on corn heads unless they make major changes but I doubt they will ever make a better head than Geringhoff or another company that concentrates on corn heads.

#10 ·
Capello cornheads offer a great 12-30 folding head. It can be ordered as chopping or non chopping. The compound hinge and short ram cylinder are very well built and makes for a nice clean fold. They can do Case IH, John Deere, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Gleaner applications. Plus it has a 2 year parts and labor warranty!

#12 ·
I was told by a Case rep. That they will not make a 12 row folding head until the feeder house has been completely tested. Their main concern is the weight of a 12 row head on the feeder house traveling at road speeds. They have no concerns with field speeds.
rlippinc, did it sound like they were in the process of testing and developing a 12 row folding now on a potentially beefed up feederhouse? Or he was just saying that weight on the feederhouse is what is keeping them from developing such a thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.