Climate change - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
It is definitely happening ,last time we had this warm a November was 1917 according to Environment Canada.

I should rephrase "The warmest since 1917".

Last edited by whatswrong; 12-01-2016 at 01:03 AM.
post #12 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
They just stated the biggest opposition to climate change is one word "ignorance".. I see it right here in the thread

Combine Pilot likes this.
post #13 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Nobody said it wasn't changing......
post #14 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswrong View Post
It is definitely happening ,last time we had this warm a November was 1917 according to Environment Canada.
I wonder what we did to cool it between then and now.
440duster and DDF like this.
post #15 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
These people have absolutely no education whatsoever on climate studies but they know more than thousands of scientist.
i gave up talking sense with a lot of these experts anymore, you will find that a lot of these know it all's, know f#ck all. Ya i am going to listen to a farmer over scientific proven data. They should just stick there head in the dirt where it belongs i have no respect for anyone with a closed mind.
bussard likes this.
post #16 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
They got you by the balls didn't they! LoL!
Where the heck is your peer proven data, big words from some one with no scientific background. And this goes to all of you big mouths, F#cking prove it already, instead of your childish responses.

This forum proves one thing, farmers have no respect for others knowledge but bitch when someone does the same to them.
bussard likes this.
post #17 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
I agree with you bussard. I've worked with chemists who work in the field of measuring CO2 concentrations, etc. They attest that warming is a real effect overall. The physics of CO2 and sunlight is well understood (though there's more to the story). It's very hard to predict the effects of course. The trend is clear (global average), though the rate has so far been less than it could have been. Likely most of that is due to the ocean sinking carbon. Every week we can read about the effects. The Republican mayor of Miami Beach can testify that rising sea levels is a real thing. They deal with it all the time now. Coral seems to be dying off in Australia. 50 degree days in the Middle East. More fires affecting more people. More uncertain weather. More rain for some of us.

That's all a pretty big deal. But I understand how it's hard to feel positive about dealing with something that seems far away and would hit my pocket book hard with little apparent benefit to me. Political solutions are fraught with unintended consequences. A carbon market is actually one of the better solutions to incentivizing reduction in CO2 emissions, but I worry that it won't have the desired effect, but just drive inflation.

Folks like us will adapt and change to meet how things work out in the future. But in the meantime, some of the world's most vulnerable people will face the full brunt of a warmer climate. We're talking millions of people, like nearly the entire country of Bangladesh (you know where all your clothing comes from) which is at sea level. Just something to keep in mind.

I think it's a bit ironic that of all people, farmers would be most resistant to the idea that humans affect their environment, often in negative ways. Our livelihoods are directly at risk (everyone complained about the wet harvest this year!) when things get unpredictable.

I saw a picture in a newspaper of a rally against the PM in Medicine Hat and someone was holding a sign saying, "CO2 is our friend." That sort of thing doesn't help us look any smarter! They sky may or may not fall, but a little education won't hurt us.
bussard and Combine Pilot like this.
post #18 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine Pilot View Post
Where the heck is your peer proven data, big words from some one with no scientific background. And this goes to all of you big mouths, F#cking prove it already, instead of your childish responses.

This forum proves one thing, farmers have no respect for others knowledge but bitch when someone does the same to them.

Well somebody had an exter bowl of bitch flakes for breakfast

Funny, the harder I work, the better my luck is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
By the way, how many of us in Alberta are taking advantage of the expansion of the Growing Forward 2 program? I have no problems voting against the NDP while still taking their money! Increasing my electrical and irrigation efficiency is a good thing. Money from the carbon tax had better go into a nice big continuation of this program for farmers.
post #20 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yes the climate is changing, it always has been changing, we were covered in ice here in Sask. Not sure what caused it to melt? Remember the hole in the ozone? Haven't heard about that one for years either. I think pollution is a concern in densely populated areas, water quality and quantity should be more of a concern. The media spins issues to support agendas I take everything with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page