LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meritmat View Post
Well somebody had an exter bowl of bitch flakes for breakfast
Sorry but,

My dad was a know it all, with grade 5 education that drove that family apart. If he would have just opened his mind a little bit, maybe mom would still be alive, and we kids would have had a chance of a normal life.
Unless i really know what i am talking about i don't open it, because there is always someone smarter that does know. I was put into my place working with scientists from all over the world, when i was in fuel cell research and development, i opened my mouth once, before some polite scientist but me in my place respectfully, i never forgot that, there are some really dedicated people working on the problem and they can't be bought by no one, but truth is there only direction.
I have just lost all interest in discussing anything even with my neighbors on the farm. it is always there way or the wrong way, it is just so tiring.

bussard, torriem, meritmat and 3 others like this.
post #22 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler View Post
Yes the climate is changing, it always has been changing, we were covered in ice here in Sask. Not sure what caused it to melt? Remember the hole in the ozone? Haven't heard about that one for years either. I think pollution is a concern in densely populated areas, water quality and quantity should be more of a concern. The media spins issues to support agendas I take everything with a grain of salt.
I think what bussard was getting at was if human activity causes warming, and that warming will devastate parts of the world, do we have any responsibilities regarding that and should we change our ways in general? How many people need to be affected before we feel like we should?

The ozone hole is actually one bright spot. It is still there, but it's much smaller than it was. Many scientists feel it was kind of a canary in the coal mine regarding certain chemicals that we widely used and it's overall affects on the upper layers of the atmosphere. The alarm was raised and actually everyone did something about it. CFCs were stopped from use in a very short period of time and it immediately the hole started shrinking. It may never disappear (and may have always been there to some degree), but that's not the point. The point is it showed us what was happening and what would eventually happen.

You know I just don't see this media political spin everyone keeps talking about. They tend to sensationalize to attract views, but I just don't see the evidence of vast left-wing conspiracy. It may be that reporters get too close to their stories and start to, you know, care about what seems to be happening to the earth we all share.

bussard and Combine Pilot like this.

Last edited by torriem; 12-01-2016 at 12:40 AM.
post #23 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
If climate change is caused by humans which i dont think it is ( i think it all part of a natural cycle) we farmers are doing the most of to prevent it.We now grow better bigger lusher crops crops covering more acer's of land than ever before. And we all know plants take in c02 (which they call Pollution but its necessary to plant life ) and convert it to clean air.We do all this now with mostly no till cropping which uses less fuel and our machinery now has more fuel efficient engines machinery is bigger now and covers more acers per hour which means less hours off engine running time per acer.
post #24 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 518 Post(s)
People in general are so arrogant in thinking they are only reason that climate patterns are changing. Give me a break, then anyone that opposes you call them "ignorant" or "lacking respect" because they have a different point of view. Way to get your point across.
440duster, lynas, jcalder and 7 others like this.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #25 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine Pilot View Post
Where the heck is your peer proven data, big words from some one with no scientific background. And this goes to all of you big mouths, F#cking prove it already, instead of your childish responses.

This forum proves one thing, farmers have no respect for others knowledge but bitch when someone does the same to them.
Well it's colder right now than 4 hours ago so I've got a gut feeling I am experiencing cooling! Hahaha ugh hahaha ah hahaha! LoL!

Wait, how about the leaked emails Wiki Leaks had on global warming?

But really, wanna talk about the ice age? Or the weather events that led to the extinction of dinosaurs? Hmmm..... Dino farts? Ahh... that's why
440duster, meskie and sleddawg2012 like this.

God Bless America
post #26 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:04 AM
RWT

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainviewTruck View Post
Ooooooooh, that's a gooder! I tried searching for some reference to that, and came up empty. I've got some ridiculous communists I'd like to heckle.
AB is correct,although probably closer to forty years ago

Popular Technology.net: 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism
post #27 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Personally I would like to see the focus shift back to pollution and the needless waste of resources. Stuff gets shipped all over this earth to get manufactured in China by a bunch of dirty coal-fired power plants and shipped back here to make it 3 days in use and then sent to a land-fill! How does that make sense? China is severely polluted and they produce food that gets shipped all over, the oceans are a dumping ground, etc, etc. Not to mention the resources we spend to transport this stuff.

How about the food that gets wasted on a normal day and the people that starve to death? How about disease epidemics that could be solved with vitamins and clean drinking water?

But instead we waste all this effort trying to stop carbon emissions and then some volcano burps and releases more CO2 than since the industrial age began...sure that makes sense.

Sorry for the rant, I just think some of the priorities are mixed up!

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #28 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine Pilot View Post
Sorry but,

My dad was a know it all, with grade 5 education that drove that family apart. If he would have just opened his mind a little bit, maybe mom would still be alive, and we kids would have had a chance of a normal life.
Unless i really know what i am talking about i don't open it, because there is always someone smarter that does know. I was put into my place working with scientists from all over the world, when i was in fuel cell research and development, i opened my mouth once, before some polite scientist but me in my place respectfully, i never forgot that, there are some really dedicated people working on the problem and they can't be bought by no one, but truth is there only direction.
I have just lost all interest in discussing anything even with my neighbors on the farm. it is always there way or the wrong way, it is just so tiring.
Since you demand proof and I find it doubtful you will respond to my previous post I will get you some contradiction. Maybe you can one up me.

http://Www.theguardian.com/environme...climate-accord
NVW likes this.

God Bless America
post #29 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Well! I don`t mind saying it! I`m open minded, pretty well educated, neither right wing or left wing and last time I checked, I don`t have my head in the sand and my opinion is that man made global warming is a hoax, a scam and a farce!

How long has climate change been going on?
The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of modern human civilization. Our planet will return into another ice age! Meanwhile, thank God for global warming or we would not exist!
440duster, fjlip, Snipe and 6 others like this.

Life is what happens to you while you`re busy making other plans.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lynas; 12-01-2016 at 04:45 AM.
post #30 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Just a question but" WHY" are we breaking records from 100-200yrs ago (depending how long weather data has been kept obviously)?? How many gas guzzling SUV's and Febreze cans were around then ?? Here's a question for you tree-hugger types ,1 simple example, calculate how much more electricity is needed TODAY globally to power all the laptops(computors in general) that are in use daily , and to charge all the cell phones that are used everyday globally ?? Go and buy a jug of Round-up from your local CPS(for example) and count the number of pages of paper used in that 1 transaction !! Go and return a jug of Round-up and count the number of pages of paper between everyone involved to do that 1 simple task!! Go settle up your malt barley loads and count the number of pages of paper used from the time you unload at the terminal to the time they hand you the cheque !! All these pages were printed on a printer that was started from a computer that uses electricity (not hand written by "1" Bic pen by the elevator agent) (maybe you;ve never seen a hand written storage ticket /cash ticket) !! The only electricity that us old farts seen being used years ago was when we went to the elevator and the agent turned the lights on !! I could go on & on , but do you see the point I;m trying to make here !! How is todays society REALLY more efficient when it comes to a lot of things ?? Are we moving forwards or going backwards ??

Last edited by IHC560; 12-01-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page