Fake & dumb news - The Combine Forum

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Fake & dumb news

There never seems to be a place on this forum to place a news story that the main stream media would prefer to skip so I thought I would start this thread.

Today it appears that Kevin O' Leary is going to just let the Conservative Party of Canada leadership pot boil over on the stove and then jump into it when its almost empty, in a few weeks!

I don't know if it's news, or if it's just dumb, or even fake, but this is what he is saying.

Kevin O'Leary Tells Tories He Can Beat 'Surfer Dude' Trudeau In 2019

Last edited by Haystack; 12-12-2016 at 07:26 PM.
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 07:49 PM
NVW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Anything would be better than a Trudeau. I would even prefer one of the USA's dead voters.

Leo
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
I hear you on the fake and stupid crap that gets thrown around as "news" these days. I spend more time checking to see other sources now often on much of the non MSM reported news just to be sure it is true and not just made up. Seems it happens on both ends of the spectrum, perfect example, just last week I wacked a hornets nest on Ezra's Rebel after they were squawking about how things went out of focus with the media after that rally the Reb setup in Edmonton. Lots of yapping on and on about how they tell the real story and the facts and everyone else has it wrong. Then the dumb f'cks put out a story totally structured to imply how a crap load of pig barns in Ontario are being burnt by Muslims...guess I just didn't have the patience to pass that one by. The jest of my post was how stupid can they really be that no one realizes that when they start throwing around baseless and ridiculously unfounded accusations such as that story and the comments it was producing, that all they do is discredit themselves and undo the bit of good they had previously accomplished. But of course I'm just a lefty liberal for pointing that out and got told where to go...Christ there is some fuit cakes commenting on that site, personally pisses me off because they make all the rest of us on the right look bad right along with those at the extreme.
MNfarmer85, Ridge, NVW and 1 others like this.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
I think mr Oleary has over estimated the Canadian tolerance for ex pats , any body remember Ignatieff
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
I hear you on the fake and stupid crap that gets thrown around as "news" these days. I spend more time checking to see other sources now often on much of the non MSM reported news just to be sure it is true and not just made up. Seems it happens on both ends of the spectrum, perfect example, just last week I wacked a hornets nest on Ezra's Rebel after they were squawking about how things went out of focus with the media after that rally the Reb setup in Edmonton. Lots of yapping on and on about how they tell the real story and the facts and everyone else has it wrong. Then the dumb f'cks put out a story totally structured to imply how a crap load of pig barns in Ontario are being burnt by Muslims...guess I just didn't have the patience to pass that one by. The jest of my post was how stupid can they really be that no one realizes that when they start throwing around baseless and ridiculously unfounded accusations such as that story and the comments it was producing, that all they do is discredit themselves and undo the bit of good they had previously accomplished. But of course I'm just a lefty liberal for pointing that out and got told where to go...Christ there is some fuit cakes commenting on that site, personally pisses me off because they make all the rest of us on the right look bad right along with those at the extreme.

Oh how little they truly know you...

The internet is full of nasty little basement dwelling trolls who have nothing better to do than bash everyone all day long, some sites/forums/ect. are more tame then others but look out when you find a bad one! Point out an obvious fact on the wrong site and you may as well stick your d*** in a hornets nest. And the hornets would still probably give a more positive response.
quappelle likes this.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Well one of these conflicting view points are definitely fake!

The western main stream media's allegation has been that there were no ISIS militants in eastern Aleppo, Syria. That is very possibly true.

The question then is, just who were these CIA supported retards that have been preventing tens of thousands of civilians from escaping that part of the city.

It sounds like it's empty now, save the government lead forces that liberated it. It also sounds like its bedraggled citizens could use some western aid in the refugee camps they are now waiting in while the city is being swept for mines and improvised explosive devices.

https://www.rt.com/news/370192-alepp...ake-militants/
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Its nice to see the propaganda being exposed for what it is, all that is left is for the people that beleive the storylines to either see them for what they are or carry on holding the same faith they always did.

I'm getting pretty tired of the Russian interference in the US election story. I would give it the slightest consideration if the same news tellers gave equal coverage of how Hillary and the DNC rigged the elections. But that is not how the propaganda works. Similarily, if the news gave solid coverage of how the fleeing citizens of east Aleppo took up shelter in west Aleppo then i may think some of their other news reporting had a grain of reality. I tend to think people fleeing terrorists in east Aleppo to the Syrian forces in west Aleppo gives a side of the story that would be important in understanding the truth - and that is why that reporting is absent.

And now the MSM and the CBC has spoken up asking for subsidies to save their corrupt business models because advertising is failing. Yeah, that all sounds about right.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
It's hard to tell what is truth anymore, I've followed some discussions on the subject and the general consensus is go online and do research on the subject. Problem with that is what's the point of news at all then? May as well go to Stumbleupon, enter your interests and see what comes up.

Take alternative energy for instance, it seems the only alternatives we have are limited to solar and wind, Google and Stumble upon show thousands of alternatives, is all this BS/snake oil crap or what?

Jump to the US presidential campaign and how much of the garbage floating around was actually true? Most of the dirt about Trump I'm pretty sure was/is true because he actually confirmed it. Clinton on the other hand I'm pretty sure allot was dreamed up and and the crap that was true was exaggerated and the mystery is what cost her the election.

What are we actually seeing and hearing of Syria as news? The local civilians don't know what's going on and the militants and soldiers sure as **** aren't going to give up what little they know, people in charge are only going to share what's in their best interests. If you think about it what can we actually expect. If you want to see what the end result of what's happening you Google the question "What does Homes syria look like today" and here's what you get https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...astation-video

You can look at polls, opinions, studies, hearsay and other news and I think you need to realize there are just too many variables and influences that can alter the truth, it's as simple as that.

Unless I am hearing about a car wreck, farm accident earthquake or some other actual physical incident most news is taken with a big grain of salt.

My opinion.
wheatking likes this.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Something in my mind about current Canadian news is the CPC leadership race. I hear about Kelly Leech and O'Leary, that is the extent. The news runs stories painting two contenders as extreme right wing zealots who will destroy the country. Seems rather biased. I have not seen mention of who the other candidates are what their policies are or, when spotlighting candidates of one extreme, how about spotlighting other candidates in the running who are on the opposite side of the issues mentioned. That would be the beginning of news coverage that seeks to inform the viewer rather than influence the viewer. Until we hear equal coverage of all CPC candidates on the same news networks that carry info on the few you can be most assured you are being influenced and not informed. And if one says we will see coverage of other candidates when the herd is thinned then one can say Leech has next to zero chance so covering her now is only intended to influence opinion.
Transaxial and kevlar like this.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadnt View Post

..... Most of the dirt about Trump I'm pretty sure was/is true because he actually confirmed it. Clinton on the other hand I'm pretty sure allot was dreamed up and and the crap that was true was exaggerated and the mystery is what cost her the election........

Unless I am hearing about a car wreck, farm accident earthquake or some other actual physical incident most news is taken with a big grain of salt.

My opinion.
By expressing an opinion like this, "we already know which side you are on! "Trump is a homophobic, islamophobic, sexist, bigot and understands nothing about what it takes to run a country. Clinton OTH, who had both hands in the pot, made billions in the 'pay for play' Clinton foundation and its all good!

She is made her money from 'within'. He made it from 'without'. She is just your good old honest politician who blame the Russians for hacking her outside servers and exposing a pack of lies about her - no one even disputes the actual facts contained therein or dismisses them as not being true. Seems to me they are true! My opinion!

However, No one investigates how much of the money she has made during her time in politics from the foundation - that is off limits! I am sure the money her and Bill amassed during her political reign was more than just wise investments of the cash she was being paid as a senator and the interest it accrued during her time of reign! Her revenue must have come from pay for play as it brought in millions from Wall Street and millions from countries who support no human rights for women.

Don't think there is much of a mystery here when about 50% of the population of the USA who voted, voted for Trump. It was urban versus rural and the rural people with some common sense decided to give someone else a shot at the trough!
Do you think people are giving money to the Clinton Foundation for charity - or do you think they expect something in return? I hope not everyone has political blinders on that keeps them from having an open mind on reality! I hope the swamp gets drained soon or martial law will end up ruling the world and feeding the hungry. Someone has to stop the none sense!

NVW likes this.

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page