I've changed my position on man made global warming!. - The Combine Forum

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
I've changed my position on man made global warming!.

As most here are probably aware, I've never believed that "global warming is man made. However, I came across this article that clearly shows that I was looking at it all wrong and that global warming is indeed, man made. I feel somewhat silly for not seeing it all along but sometimes I need something spelled out for me in simple english for it to register. Interesting article. NASA Exposed in ?Massive? New Climate Data Fraud - Principia Scientific International

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 362 Post(s)
-45 with windchill this morning. imagine how cold it would be without it.

fjlip, onemadfarmer, V876 and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Hmm, that link clearly states that the author believes there's a cooling trend... How does that show you were all wrong in your belief? Did I miss some sarcasm there?
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Hmm, that link clearly states that the author believes there's a cooling trend... How does that show you were all wrong in your belief? Did I miss some sarcasm there?
The "global warming" is "man made" as in made by the manipulations of the data by man, not by factual temperature trends. Like I said, I was looking at it all wrong when people were claiming "man made" global warming.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:38 PM

Ahh. So that's all right then. We can keep on as we've always been. Although you might want to travel the world a bit and see some things while you still can, such as the amazing Great Barrior Reef which is dying off at an incredible rate. Things we thought would be around forever are disappearing. Also don't buy any real estate in Miami Beach, Florida! Closer to home, there's Glacier Park.

Of course the stuff described in that link (bear in mind that professor is a geologist, not a chemist, and certainly not someone that has spent years measuring temperatures and calibrating climate instrumentation) has been thoroughly debunked by peer-reviewed science.
kauppfarms likes this.

Last edited by torriem; 01-11-2017 at 01:43 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Not saying that we're not speeding it along a little but the earth has been doing this warming and cooling for a lot longer than we been around to interfere . IMHO
V876 likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Yes but we weren't here as a population of billions of human beings and dependent on the current climate when it did. The earth will change and go on as it always has. We, on the other hand... many will adapt. But many will not and literally die. But that's life.
kauppfarms and adsinaus like this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Remember all fossil fuel carbon in the ground was once in the atmosphere hundreds of millions of years ago. And earth didnt end. And it warmed and cooled on its own many times and kept right on spinning along. Life forms come and go all the time and humans werent even on the planet yet. 98% of all extinct species went extinct before modern humans even walked the earth.

Maybe our ego is the problem.

We should always strive to be efficient and minimize adverse impacts. Does the downtown office worker need an F350? Do we need to burn energy to go to the mall? Can we make thing right here more efficiently than shipping it from around the world?

Our modern society and advancements are dependent on energy. And carbon based energy is a component of that. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by turning away from it. Just look at the nuclear experience from the 1970s. We turned away from an important energy source because of fear mongering. Now its not developed and perfected and it could have been used to supplant fossil fuels now.
whatswrong, Haystack and Daner like this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

[quote=torriem;2726946]Ahh. So that's all right then. We can keep on as we've always been. Although you might want to travel the world a bit and see some things while you still can, such as the amazing Great Barrior Reef which is dying off at an incredible rate. Things we thought would be around forever are disappearing. Also don't buy any real estate in Miami Beach, Florida! Closer to home, there's Glacier Park.
I'm not sure if you are being serious or facetious but I hope the latter since there is no evidence (that I have seen) to support ANY of them as they are "predictions" and, like every other "prediction" made about the adverse affects of so called global warming have been woefully wrong, just ask any of the MANY still existing polar bears that are walking across arctic ice. Two things that global warming alarmists insisted would NOT exist by 2017.

Quote:
Of course the stuff described in that link (bear in mind that professor is a geologist, not a chemist, and certainly not someone that has spent years measuring temperatures and calibrating climate instrumentation) has been thoroughly debunked by peer-reviewed science.
He doesn't need to be a chemist to analyse data. However, be that as it may, I read your link and find it interesting that EVETY SINGLE adjustment that was deemed necessary involved adjusting the temperature UP. Simple odds would dictate that some of the adjustments (in fact half) would require adjusting the data DOWN form that recorded ESPECIALLY when one of the examples given was that cities grew up around some of the data collection sites skewing the results and cities HOLD (and generate) heat and therefore those figures SHOULD have required an adjustment down in temp but there is no mention of ANY sites where the temps were adjusted down. It all reminds me of years ago golfing with a friend and after a 9 hole round we were sitting in the clubhouse and a couple other golfers came in and brian (my friend) asked how they did. One guy gave his score (which was pretty good by our standards) and Brain said, "lets play another round, I want to beat that guys score". We head out and on about the third hole he drives into the bush. he says "that doesn't count, I want to beat that guys score" and he T's off another one. a couple holes later he put one in the water and said "that doesn't count, I want to beat that guys score". This went on for the whole round and I told him I had no doubt that he was going to beat the other guys score. It's seems alot like this historical data, just keep adjusting it until you get the results you want. I have no doubt that NASA and all the others whose government money depends on producing a specific set of answers will, in fact, produce them. It's inevitable. BTW, this has been posted before but i assume you missed it so here it is again for your listening pleasure. Enjoy.
jcalder and farmer Ron 48 like this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:00 PM
NVW

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
This has been in the works for a long time, there is no man made global warming. It's all about control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome

Club of Rome

lynas and V876 like this.

Leo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page