RB Auction @ Regina - The Combine Forum

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
RB Auction @ Regina

Anyone know the story on the 6 new Seed Hawk drills in the Regina sale? Wondering if they are from a dealer or from the manufacturer. Oversupply or are they losing market share to other brands? Not a lot of Seed Hawks in my area, any current owners have comments regarding the job they do or machine longevity.

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Good drill, not alot of love for their carts. Straw management is important or they become a large harrow bar.

post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
There have been quit a few new ones at the Ritchie bros yard sales the last couple years. I don't know the story. But, I have heard if it weren't for the Australian sales, things would be real slow. Can't remember if that was seedhawk or seedmaster

Brent.
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

I"m wondering if they are falling out of favor. I'm in the market for a new or newer drill and have looked at these before but the closest dealer to me is a hundred miles away and I think they have only sold a few. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they will have a good parts supply.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
We recently switched from seedmaster to BG. Ran 1 of each for 3 years. I don't think one grows a better crop than the other, both were good that way. I believe the BG has better trash clearance the way we do things. And I like the field finish better also.

If a person is looking at getting into an independent drill for the first time, I wouldn't overlook the seed twins. Would think these ones at the auction should be a deal.

Brent.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
What year are they?

From what I have seen in our area from last year is that their tanks with the electric drive on the metering system are nothing but trouble. If I were you I would certainly ask around a bit. Don't believe everything that the dealerships tell you. Best thing to do is to talk to some owners.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I think they are unused drills but tanks are old stock about 3 years old. They are hydraulic and electric started sometime in 2015 right?

You are correct that the field finish is rough on the seed twins. That is by design. Supposed to make the rain soak into that deep trench. No fun with a pickup tho.

Get used to electric. They all will be soon enough. Slick system that is easy to control with electronics. In fact all machinery will have way more electric on it each year.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skgrain1 View Post

Get used to electric. They all will be soon enough. Slick system that is easy to control with electronics. In fact all machinery will have way more electric on it each year.
I'm not saying electric drive is no good, just the first version of the seed hawk electric drive. I actually think that the CNH version might even be a tad bit better then the current hydraulic drive Bourgault that we currently own, mainly to do with sectional control and turn compensation. Don't get me wrong though, I love our Bourgault and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I think it will be a long time before JD, Morris or Bourgault goes to an electric drive setup. They have to much pride to swallow.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
I wouldn't hold by breath for Bourgault changing their drive to electric.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Auction flyer says 2017 unused drills with 800 model air carts, the one in the picture is even missing some of the tires on the wings so it makes me wonder if anything else is missing. Also doesn't mention anything about manufacturer warranty so i'm wondering if there is any support. What model of Bourgault do you have?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page