Not much class in politics lately, this gal is though! - The Combine Forum

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3144 Post(s)
Not much class in politics lately, this gal is though!

I see Rona is retiring from politics:
It's been an amazing experience': Rona Ambrose set to leave federal politics - Politics - CBC News

What a classy thing to do, announce before a new leader is picked so as not to look like a protest against new leader if she retired after.
Rona's done a good job in the last eighteen months as interim leader but has elected to step away from the political rat race.

She just announced she will not even cast a vote for a new leader even though a secret ballot, just not wanting to look biased.

See she has a new job lined up and in Canada/US trade relations, I wish her well!

kenmb and BrianTee like this.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll will always get you the right ones.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
I respect Rona. I do not like getting elected and then disappearing to a better offer. But my idea of class is different than yours I guess. She has been there long enough for pension so her options are open

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
I respect Rona. I do not like getting elected and then disappearing to a better offer. But my idea of class is different than yours I guess. She has been there long enough for pension so her options are open
I meant class in that it would look funny resigning right after the leadership election.
Don't think she's been there long enough for full pension?

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll will always get you the right ones.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:26 PM

She was first elected in 2004 or so. So full pension, and now a by-election because she did not fulfil her obligations to the public.If she had no intention of doing her time she should not of ran for election. Government way of doing things. And then somebody says he is going to drain the swamp and starts to do it, all **** breaks loose as this is not how things are done.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
HI!

Problem is when she run she didn't know she was going to end up leader.
Seems a plum job popped up and the timing is perfect for her to exit.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 592 Post(s)
There's not much class in the political left, especially when they discuss (and I use that term very lightly here) the current US President. Of course the left has always been generally a classless bunch but lately have sunk to a whole new low.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 PM

So Don is being elected a part time job until something better comes along? And you can exit with class. I respect her ability, not her integrity.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Politics has drained the life out of many good people and she probably thinks it's time to quit while she's ahead. Realistically, she could have had the leadership handed to her on a platter, party rules be damned. Speaking of platters, remember when Ken Dryden got his ass handed to him by a girl?

Tory says child-care policy set by 'old white guys' - Canada - CBC News
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
There's not much class in the political left, especially when they discuss (and I use that term very lightly here) the current US President. Of course the left has always been generally a classless bunch but lately have sunk to a whole new low.
So LTK would you describe Trump as a pretty classy guy or no, only ask because I think most don`t and that may be why people feel so comfortable attacking him, i`m assuming here that his most loyal supporters don`t think ``grab her by the *****`` is classy, interested to see what you think.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 06:43 AM

Classy is somebody bragging about his dad getting his brother off of a drug charge as they are rich and famous. Want to take my picture? So now lets make drugs legal. But flavoured tobacco is illegal, but not drug laced brownies are just fine.And you can go on the street and buy any drug you want, and the government will buy you a needle and hire somebody to help you inject it. Classy

Licensed to kill and IHC560 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page