The Combine Forum banner
M

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    273 Posts
    I was wondering if you started a thread about your Salford air drill experience. I'm really interested to learn how you made out and how the crops did that were seeded with it.

· Registered
    4,799 Posts
    That's a tough call. What crops do you and how much of each. 485 are a big combine but 3000 is a lot of hours if it hasn't been kept up. They are built well but things like feeder chains elevator chains etc may be needing replacing. I think you would love the capacity and the grain loss in most crops. Canola would be its weakest crop unless you buy some
    Rotor covers but other than that losses and capacity will likely blow you away.

· Registered
    332 Posts
    hey MB, hows things south of Brandon? I have hauled milk out of your place right before you wound down the dairy side. Our local Deere dealer just took a 485R on trade for an S690 from a guy over by Arborg, I could trade from my 2000 9650 walker and 2012 630 hydraflex header to it, I have 2100 seperator hours on mine, the cat has 3000, in the trade across I can get a 30ft cat flex header, I dont know much about them other then everyone on here saying how great their capacity is. Would this be a bad move with that many hours? Anything to look for? It has tracks and rear wheel assist, big rubber on the back. I was going to buy a cheap second combine for another 20 grand but instead would this be better capacity? Thanks for any info.

· Registered
    160 Posts
    Hey there, I saw some posts you had from a few years ago saying you were going to run two drills, one with sideband and one with MRB. How did they end up comparing?

· Registered
    4,799 Posts
    We just do in furrow 10-34. This past year we experienced to pretty good seed burn. Turns out we were putting down 5 imperial gallons, too much. Next year we are going to make sure we are less than 5. Yields were still very good and we have seen a 10 bushel increase using starter over not. That was only one year trial and we haven't done a side by side since. The research shows the further north and colder soils show better yields bumps than it does in the south. We did trials with alpine in furrow as well and it lost to 10-34, so it's cheaper and works as good.

· Registered
    3 Posts
    Hey there,I just did a search of popup fertilizer for corn and found your post from either 2011 or 12. Wondering how things turned out and what you ended up going with,also did you go with a 2x2 or popup alone?thanks for any info,this is our first year with a new planter and liquid fert

· Registered
    4,799 Posts
    I'm in Canada at Brandon Manitoba. We run around 14k acres and would be interested in urea, ammonium sulfate, 10-34 liquid, 0-0-60 potash, and potassium sulfate, 11-52 phosphate. I don't think I've missed anything. We use long tonnes up here which weigh 2204lbs. But if you want you can price it in short tons and I can convert it.

· Registered
    1 Posts
    Im not sure where your located but would love to help with your fertilizer needs. I work for a small Coop in SW KS. Would love to have a chance to shoot you a price. Thanks Alan

· Registered
    812 Posts
    I will give you a shout. Going to ag connect at end of jan so probably just go one or two days to Brandon, still have to work sometimes I guess:)

· Registered
    812 Posts
    Hey mb happy new year!
    What size cart did you get and does it have tracks?
    Looking at some transfer yacks to put on our seed hawk but would like a big enough cart to fill our tridem in one fill if we buy a new grain cart so unsure what to do!!
    Dwight leogot told me the other day that elmers 1150 would hold 1300bu heaped with wheat but it sounded like a sales pitch ;)
    Will have to have a beer at agdays :)

· Registered
    283 Posts
    mbfarmer,
    On the goldigger plow did you talk to people who ran the golddigger in the same field as a comparative plow. I have no dealer close and can't get a demo. I would like to talk to someone who has operated another plow and saw how much easier the GDigger pulled. Around here any plows are PMT only.

· Premium Member
    163 Posts
    Hey, hows harvest going? Heard that you guys have had a few problems with combine troubles, Got them figured out? The weather sure has been good the last few weeks. We got everything off now except for the flowers. Hows the corn/flowers looking? Be going in them soon.

Kevin
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…