Re: 9510 auger trough liners - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Re: 9510 auger trough liners

I've put liners in the 96XX before. They were stainless and came from Deere. If you are a good welder, they work great. If not, I suggest having a local welding shop/Deere dealer install them. They do work good. I had one time that the customer rebuilt the augers as well and then I had to grind on the augers for 1/2 a day to get the augers to turn. I've only added the liners when the tank wore through.
twopop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

ive put the stainless steel ones from john deere in 2 customers and they were pleased with it i took the cross augers out and the covers out to make sure i got the liners down all the way so the augers wouldnt hit, on one of them the guy made his own and did a good job but made them out of mild steel and they didnt last very long. we havent had very much experience with poly ones but the ones i have seen with them looked pertty good. im thinking of putting poly ones in our combine though just to see how it works because our bin is starting to get a little thin.
adk247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

put stainless covers in from deere work good a pain to put, in cross augers have to come out need to git matel clean where your going to weld, need to spot in many areas, take time can't git metal to hot or will warp
scott is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Try shoup MFG. they ive used their stainless sets for my 9600s and they are pretty good for alot less money than deere, they use steel pop rivets to install instead of welding, which is much faster and easier to remove and replace when the time comes. Im sure they make them for 9500s as well. The best way to do liners easiest is when you have the clean grain elevator removed. I also painted the hopper troughs to seal them up before I put down the stainless ones, to stop any further rot.
davedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have the ss from deere, they fit close to the cross augers and will not rust. wish the whole grain tank was made like that.
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.