6620 in Soybeans (Pics) - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 6620 in Soybeans (Pics)

We put our new to us 6620 in the field today for the first time. Heavy fog this morning kept everything pretty damp, got started late so we didn't get much done. It's working well so far.

I've learned a lot from this site so I thought I'd post a few pictures. Hopefully more once we get rolling.

snj2k2se is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Blogger

Default Re: 6620 in Soybeans (Pics)

new paint on the rims and a long day with a buffer it could look like its new from te factory
ebertfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice looking rig. Looks like it should fix ya up for a good long time. How do you like the flex? Beans look good for sure..
dirtcheap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the comments.
It does cleanup nice, after we're done this year I plan on taking a whole day to cleanup the paint and the cab.

Dirtcheap,
Haven't been real happy with the head, it needed a lot more work than we thought. Works good now but took awhile to get it there.

Beans have been great, haven't figured out the yield yet but it's one of our best years so far.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Combine looks great snj2kse. The head is getting into alittle rough shape, needs some paint. Is the 6620 2wd?
caseihfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 06:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

The head is in rough shape, but it came with the combine. It took a lot more work that we thought to get it field ready. Looked decent in the barn, but once we got it home started going over it............

It's 2WD, and since it hasn't rained here in over a month that's fine.
It does get wet here some years and I've been told it's not too hard to add 4WD so that may be an option later on.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for posting the pic's.. its always nice seeing combines working..No matter age ect..ect..
casefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just Curious.....

what you pay for an old girl like that and why not buy something a little newer? Here in Australia you don't see many (if any) headers of this sort of age being used. They are worth $5 - $10 K tops and for most guys they have something newer that still costs less. Are we just looking at a lot lower combine values here ? I know of many 9500/ TR 88 / 2166 with medium hours (around 3-3500) that have sold for around the $ 50-80 K mark some even less.

Curious of your thoughts.

Jono
jono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

That is one really nice-looking 6620. I hope you have many more good years of good service with her, too.
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Jono
We're only farming about 150 acres of soybeans so a newer machine is out of our price range. The 6620 was larger than we were looking for, really trying to find a 4420 when this machine popped up.
This combine happened to be very local, 5 miles away, with only less than 1700 hours and the combine itself needed nothing more than the rotary screen belt to put in the field.

It's hard to find a local machine with low hours here in the Northeast US, and shipping get's expensive from out west where used machines are more available. From what I can tell (and I'd love to hear some opinions) is most new machines are sold out west, newer used machines are bought and shipped east, and by the time
they're for sale around here they're pretty much used up.

The header on the other hand was pretty beat up and took some work to get going. Whether it stays or not will depend on how it holds up this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.