John Deere 7700 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default John Deere 7700

I am in need of some info on the John Deere 7700 combine. I need to know info on the earlier model 7700s, the ones with the yellow seats. Like updates from early to late model combines. I know they changed the cab? I know nothing about Deere combines so bear with me. Pictures would be greatly appriciated!
dealer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: John Deere 7700

Not clear on what you are wanting to know
brewmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Okay, the Model 7700 was produced from 1970 through 1978. Some specs evade me, such as engines. I know the first few years saw gasoline powered engines, but at least by 1975, the 7700 was diesel-only. Diesel or gas were opted on the other models for most of their history.

Cabs changed a little in 1973 or 1974. A long extension or visor was added to the front of the cab that year. That visor only lasted 2 years. Other than that, the cabs were the same style. The seats were all yellow vinyl. The brown fabric seats did not come out until later on with the Titans.

The front engine cover of the 7700 was changed in 1974 from the vertical ribbed grille to the more stylish solid cover, with the ventilation at the bottom of the engine deck. Also, the new rotary screen was added. These were really very pretty combines in their day, too. In 1975, a guard rail across front of engine deck was mounted. That first year, the platform to stand on, was the fold-down bottom "lip" of engine compartment. By 1976, there was a regular catwalk in place, not related to the lower portion of engine cover.

I know of more improvements and minor style changes, but just can't think of all of them and the years each came out, but overall, the John Deere 7700 cut, threshed and separated its way right into my own heart, making it one of my all-time favorites, a classic of the 1970's, and a combine worthy to this day of protecting and preserving, should a fine one be found.
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
jb

I agree with Combiness !

http://www.combineforums.proboards42.com....ge=1#11865824 73
jb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

The early ones had suicide left cab doors. Or atleast the 6600 I have has one.
hogman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I really liked the RH cab door feature--a real first for any combine.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you! That is exactly the info that I wanted!
dealer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have an old 74 7700 Turbo, which I retired a few years ago, and it has the brown or gray fabric seat, which ever. Most trouble free combine I have ever owned. Axial flow is easier to adjust for clean sample, and nicer to run, and a lot of the sheet metal is heavier, or thicker, but the old 7700 was a very reliable machine, at least for me. Combiness is right. They were a keeper.
ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you, Ridgerunner. I'm willing to bet that seat was an add on, even if by the dealer, because I've run 7700's made from 1973 and up, but not all consecutive years. I've still not found one yet, that did not have the short-backed yellow vinyl seat, though.

Where are you located? I sure hope your dear old 7700 stays in a shed or barn.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Must be a "out west" thing on the seats. All of the newer 00 combines here in Indiana had cloth seats with side arms that could be moved up and down.
rangerted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.