new deere combine biggest combine in the market place. - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default new deere combine biggest combine in the market place.

hello everyone, just registered with combine form trying to figure out JD's claim that they have produced the largest combine in the market place. however i cant find any specifications on rotor sizing or cleaning area. i can only find the horsepower and tank size, with cooled EGR to meet teir iv emissions. i will be updating machines this year. i have a couple of 9770's and had a CR9080 out to the farm the other day, i had the trucker throw a drop mat a few times behind the demo and we had a tough time finding any durum over the back end of the cr, it seemed to do a pretty nice job. can a CR9080 do what a 9770 can do in a day? it should be nice to see what the cab is gonna be like on the new machine from deere.
Sprayer guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

I do belive the 9080 is a class 8 machine vs. a class 7 machine from Deere, so I would say it will do everything a 9770 will do
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
rod

IMO, all machines have their capabilities & or problems. It's usually "the nut behind the wheel" that makes the biggest difference! A CR9080 should surpass a 9770 with ease - on paper. In the field - refer to above comment.
rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

The new cab is nice(r) but you still have to sit in it all day. As for biggest combine, thats just asking for a heap of BS answers IMO. Buy what suits and be happy, not what will make you sound like the biggest legend on an internet site
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Between the Rockies and Sask..... right in the middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
it's usually "the nut behind the wheel" that makes the biggest difference!

^ this!
crking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
kb

I think Lexion has the only class 10 combine! Would that not be the largest combine?
kb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

The JD has the most horsepower of any combine offered world wide. With a 400 bu grain tank, no one offers anything larger. So if class size is defined by horsepower and grain tank size, then it is the largest.

That may be the most ridiculous way to 'size-up' a combine but it's how it is done...and the JD is then the "biggest". I'm sure a Lexion will outperform it in the field in many cases, but it is a solid offering from Deere in a larger size. The isochronous engine governor means the machine components (like rotor, sieve shake, etc.) won't loose any rpm's, even under full load. So I'm sure you'll see an increase in performance from the rotor for this reason alone in tough conditions, even if it is basically the same design. It will be interesting to see if the VariableSream rotor increases performance or just straw quality. Too bad those of us that do corn as well have to stick with the old rotor design...for now.
farmerjones is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just can't see why you make a fuss about the "biggest combine". I think the red lights go on if Hp and grain-tank size is your salespitch for the new combine.JD are laking efficiency if they need that much Hp trying to keep up with much lower Hp combines.Can anyone explain for what is al that Hp needed then?
farmerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Try cramming 40 feet of high-yielding green damp wheat straw through your combine while chopping the straw, unloading on the go, in the mud, up hill....both ways. That's why they offer 5 different sizes....few will be interested in a S690. But there are some out there who will be, especially in Canada and Europe. Those are the markets that machine is really designed for. I rode in a 9870 this summer with taking 40 feet of down, green straw, and it made that machine work pretty good, and it's easy to image conditions much worse than that day, so some will find the option of that power welcome. But it's not like it's way, over the top more powerful...Lexion is only a few poinies behind. And whats the difference between their class 9 and 10?
farmerjones is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

a cr 9080 is a class 9 combine same horsepower and size to a case 9120 not sure why new hollands number system is so screwed up. The cr 9090 is called a class ten however its the same combine as there class 8 with more horse power the lexion class ten i a bigger combine that the class nine. i do agree in europe they need class ten horsepower in our area however on an average year the class 8 machines have plenty of power to exceed the thrashing and cleaning system and essentually throw it out the back. I have not seeen any info on the new deere but i know the 9870s where a ways behind cnh and claas for thrashing and cleaning area hope they really are a bigger combine and not just a bigger engine and bigger price tag
alfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.