S series cleaning specs - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default S series cleaning specs

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it seems to be a major concern of some people that Deere needed to increase the cleaning shoe size. Even though I have not seen any official specs I did the math from the dealer product launch video & it looks like the S660 & S670 will have 8296 sq inches & the S680 & S690 will have 9475 sq inches. The S550 is the same as the 9570.
sid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

There is very little correlation across brands between cleaning area and capacity.
There are myriads of dynamic factors that affect capacity and size is only one.
Paper specs offer little insight into what the machine is capable of.
For instance, the lengthening of a shoe by 25% can double the capacity at a given loss.
kinzepower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
wam

Default dream on

I finally emailed deere and complained that I couldn't find the specs anywhere so they emailed me the specs on all of the new models and promised me the specs would be on their website by last week. Looks to me like the same old thing the 660-690 all have the same sieve and chaffer but the 680 and 690 gain 1128sq in w/a front chaffer extension for total of 8711 sq in of cleaning area. Haven't seen one yet but that sounds just like that goofy precleaner extension they put on the 9870s which never really made sense to me in the first place, they are all the same width have the same rotor and only have 2390sq in of seperating area if the only difference is the precleaner extnsn,the silly little retrasher,and horsepower than nothing much has changed , oh wait a minute its got an itty bity refrige in it and it costs 30000 more kind reminds me of the hope and change campaign Results are about the same , hopeless and no change, no wander they're so reluctant to publish te specs
wam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam View Post
I finally emailed deere and complained that I couldn't find the specs anywhere so they emailed me the specs on all of the new models and promised me the specs would be on their website by last week. Looks to me like the same old thing the 660-690 all have the same sieve and chaffer but the 680 and 690 gain 1128sq in w/a front chaffer extension for total of 8711 sq in of cleaning area. Haven't seen one yet but that sounds just like that goofy precleaner extension they put on the 9870s which never really made sense to me in the first place, they are all the same width have the same rotor and only have 2390sq in of seperating area if the only difference is the precleaner extnsn,the silly little retrasher,and horsepower than nothing much has changed , oh wait a minute its got an itty bity refrige in it and it costs 30000 more kind reminds me of the hope and change campaign Results are about the same , hopeless and no change, no wander they're so reluctant to publish te specs
Hmmm, have lie down man its only a combine. Is this the doc you were sent?
Attached FilesS series.doc (103.0 KB, 62 views)
Last edited by straightupdownunder

Last edited by straightupdownunder; 10-02-2011 at 11:46 PM.
straightupdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

In fact some companies straight out lie about the size of their cleaning shoes. If you want to really know you'll need a measuring tape and an ag show with all colors.
mbfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
wam

my document just lists the specs of the new models no comparisons to other brands, but after looking at your document it does look like the only difference the 680-690 have is the preclener extension. I never thougt that made alot of sense having a precleaner extension on top of the chaffer , how can that give you more capacity? I would think its counterproductive
wam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

It doesn't matter what the specs say on paper, it matters how it works in the field.
ozzyjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
my document just lists the specs of the new models no comparisons to other brands, but after looking at your document it does look like the only difference the 680-690 have is the preclener extension. I never thougt that made alot of sense having a precleaner extension on top of the chaffer , how can that give you more capacity? I would think its counterproductive

Last edited by sid15; 10-03-2011 at 01:03 PM.
sid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

In small grains the S670 has a 7% increase in productivity over the outgoing 9770, according to the seminar posted on this site
jdboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Just because it makes no sense to your does NOT mean that is does not work.
It in FACT does work. In our wheat crops we get a fair bit more cleaning capacity.
kinzepower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.