S670 questions. - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default S670 questions.

What is the max harvest speed of S670? is a 2630 screen on the same level as pro700. Whats the best way to steer 1? Have auto farm A5 rtk or case 262 and nav2 on omni star, is that any help?

Madsnake
madsnake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your not thinking about going green are you, next door neighbour bought a s670 this year, I never went near it but he seemed to clear fields pretty quick and was happy with it.

Richard
smythricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Harvest speed depends whether it has pro drive or not, if its just the old 3 speed lever jobbie or I think the button shift jobbie you only get 12.5k/hr or so. Steer it with the JD stuff as that seems to work awesome. My cousin here has one and really liked it except for the slow speed thing. The green team couldn't compete on price with what we did, might be different there who knows.

Steve
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

12.5km may as well not even bother even the 2588 is faster than that. Would be looking at pro drive, needs to go fast up sand hills.
Just looking at quoting one to see we're it sits, got price on red.

Madsnake
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wouldn't even consider 1 without pro drive snake. Awesome in sand, hills or whatever. Set your max speed at whatever you like and away you go. If you don't need to shift the gps to another machine go with the 2630 which includes machine setup and monitoring so no need for a second screen.
bigswoosher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

With the pro drive you can also still move the machine if you take the 2630 out to use it elsewhere. With the push button 3 spd you can't move with no display installed.
bena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
X80

Don't quote me but im pretty sure you get quicker than 12.5km/h with the three speed gearbox - thats the USA speed - in AUS depending on tyres it will be 14-17km/h - with 42" Duals or big 800's you will be around 16-17km/h.

Prodrive is better for sandhills - but the 3 speed is not the end of the world - depending on platform weight etc, for example a macdon is a fair bit lighter than the deere front - this all helps with horsepower consumption.

If the engine is 9 litre tier 2 instead of 4 it will perform better than the machines sold in the USA. And no DEF required.

An S670 is a major step over of a 2588. Price comparison to an 7230 or 8230 would be interesting? IMO

If i was in Mallee country i'd be looking at an S670 with a 35-40ft Macdon (i prefer deere fronts but they are getting heavy)

Just my thoughts MS
X80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsnake View Post
What is the max harvest speed of S670? is a 2630 screen on the same level as pro700. Whats the best way to steer 1? Have auto farm A5 rtk or case 262 and nav2 on omni star, is that any help?

Madsnake
We had the push button 3 speed on our S670's this year and were a bit dissapointed with the speed. From memory it was around 13-13.5 in second gear. It was slower in third also (33.5-34). Our old 9760 was 37.5-38 on the road and our old 9870 with prodrive was the same. It is a shame that they have come back on speed because it puts you down in a range where it pig roots you alot more.
However I have been talking with the local dealer and Deere is coming out with a mod to take the PB 3 speed up a couple of k in second gear at no cost because there has been so many complaints.
We had the 2630 screens and they worked good. Don't know about the other systems though.

PS- All speeds quoted are GPS speeds, not what it says o the pillar!

Felix
FelixThunderduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you for the reply's. a few more questions.

Is it far to compare s670 with case 7230? We are in dry harvesting conditions. With the case 7230 we are playing with 45' over 40' to keep speed down a bit. Would you compare s660 to 7130?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
X80

Definitely compare S670 to 7230 - not sure what lines up against the S660.

I believe the slow tranny was a manufacturing balls up. so 2013 models would have that from factory.

While 45ft may slow ground speed - it is more weight - so there is a chance of losing more ground speed than the % difference between the fronts.

The case is 17 tonne - no front - no duals - not sure what the deere comes in at - but i think it's less? Just another consideration if you get down to the wire on price and looking for pro's and cons of each machine.

Sad that MF havent really got the dealer network to handle the 9560 MF as that 7 cylinder sisu lugs hard - and would really suit Australian dryland operations. Class 8 performance with class 6 weight - reckon it would go pretty well in the mallee.

I would imagine in AUS that the 670 and 7230 will be the most sold models from deere and case? Pretty safe bet either way i'd say.
X80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.