S660/670, S680/690 Power folding hopper Extension kit update!! - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default S660/670, S680/690 Power folding hopper Extension kit update!!

There is a web site for the Power folding Hopper extension Kits it's www.powerhoppertopper.com
Currently there is 50 bu extension kits available for the S680/690.
There is 75 bu extension kits available for the S660/670.
There is a 150 bu extension Kit for the S660/670 in the prototype stage and that will soon be tested in winter wheat country, hope to have a verdict on it by the end of June.
Photo's, pricing details, ordering info can all be found at www.powerhoppertopper.com
hoosierharvester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Backyard Landscaper

Nice work. Now we can maybe use the wasted space, (when full) JD have in their S series grain tanks.
phantom970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey Phantom970 How is your season going in NSW or are you under irrigation in (where it won't rain)? I originally grew on a dairy farm in the south west (Busselton /Margaret River) of West Australia, before I ended up in the USA, so I know a little about the fickle nature rainfall in Australia .
Are most of the S series combines coming over to Australia with the power folding hopper covers?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Backyard Landscaper

All 680/90's coming here have the standard power fold. A few rice cockies are worried about the weight when its full, but surely they can empty before they get into the mud. The 670 would have to be ordered with that option well before it leaves the US. So do you think the lids and corner canvas pieces will handle the bit of extra pressure with the extension. Its amazing how much extra weight you get with only a small piece. I made a rough quick one for our 9760's in corn. It was 200mm high and that gave another three tonne. At water level the poor old girl had 11 tonne on her back,(weighed on scales). The 20.8x42 row tyres didnt like it much.
Where it wont rain is in the South West of New South Wales. Telling a lie we have had a bit over a period of three weeks,(only total of 20mm in my back yard). Enabling farmers to plant, alot had already dry sown as well. Iam in a heavy irrigated area, surrounded by red and grey dryland so have both worlds. Long way to go in the season, but its a poor start, and the late rain has cancelled alot of dryland canola planting.
phantom970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank for the info on your part of the world phantom970.
We ran the extension on our S680 mainly in corn for about 150 hrs, so it was getting to capacity many times and there was no signs of stress at any of the mounting points of the hopper.
On the extensions that developed all the mounting points are reinforced by seat belt type strapping which helps distribute the stress of the load.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
All 680/90's coming here have the standard power fold.
Not so, the power fold is optional on all S series. I actually saw a S680 with the manual fold extensions working in south west vic last harvest.
aussiedeere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Any plans on making one for case?
kylebarrington is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

No i haven't developed an extension Kit for the Case combine.Which case combine model have the power folding hopper? Which Models are most likely to have the power folding hopper, in other words which model should I start with.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

I wish I had a power folding one, we can't get ours in the shed with it up and it's a pain and dangerous to fold the manual one down when it's raining. it gets really slippery up in the grain tank when it's wet.
bsigg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.