The Combine Forum banner

Looking for advice on new Tablet, ideas

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  soccerdad 
#1 ·
Hi, Been on here a while, finally decided in '17 to contribute to forum a bit. Looking for advice on a tablet to be used for all around the farm. Currently have ipads, iphones but is there something better possibly? Looking to be able to use for farm records (seeding, crop plans etc), surfing the web when needed, linking up to cameras or other wireless devices. Currently leaning towards an ipad 2 64 or 128gb. any advice is appreciated.

#2 ·
If I was looking at tablets I would personally look at a laptop tablet combo where you can remove the screen just so when you go into the office or have to type up a report you have all the same function as a laptop/desktop or personally I would just get laptops or desktops they seem to last longer by not going into the field but each farm is different I personally have a high end laptop so I can take it from the office at the farm to the house to work on the weekends and not have to drive over to the farm

#3 ·
Take a look at the Surface Pro. You can get it in laptop or tablet. I got one with a detachable kb. Can run any desktop software, but is just as portable as any other tablet. It also comes in different configurations and is expandable. So far is has been very handy. I use a lot of excel and google when fixing things. Nice to have a small format that can be used in the shop or the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.