The Combine Forum banner

What Is Your Utility Vehicle Of Choice For Your Farm?

• Utility Sport ATV

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Side By Side

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • Pick Up Truck

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Golf Cart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good old fashioned Wheelbarrow

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other? If you have somthing different you use share it in the thread.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Utility Vehicle Poll

16K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  8850jd 
#1 ·
Thinking of starting some polls that help us get info for hosting future contests and how to theme them. The first one I have is regarding what your utility vehicle of choice is on the farm.

If you have a moment cast your vote and let us know.

Just an FYI as well for those who do register a vote I will have a draw at the end of September as a thanks for taking the time to help with this. I will randomly draw 5 usernames from the list of those who voted and reward you with a free premium membership to the site. If you already have one and you win you can offer to transfer it to another member you think should have one.

G
#3 ·
I use a honda TRX 350 quad and a wagon. Very seldom do I use the pickup out in the pasture for anything other than hauling supplies to the gate. I am kind of thinking along the lines of BRP for the next one, for the same reason as cornfarmer. 2 keys. Not sure weather or not I would go for a side by side or not. They look a little cumbersome to get in and out of.

I have thought about something like a Kubota or one of the other similar machines. Everyone I have demoed just doesn't really impress me much. Maybe I'm just a quad guy, they are easier to load into the truck and take off for some recreation every so often.

#10 ·
artic cat prowler....gutless blew first engine up one month out of factory warrenty thank god I bought exteneded warrenty... I do use it not abuse it... I use to run honda fourwheelers long time ago... I did abuse them to no end and they took it their suspension sucked for years compared to ac and polaris I think they have finnally goten much better . Honda side by side is way to cumbersome or I would have one of them what is a BRP ?

#12 ·
I have to units that I use Yamaha Kodiak 450 and a early 90's Ranger 4x4. The quad gets used when I need to move cattle and the Ranger for bigger jobs. The Ranger was around half the price of the quad.

#14 ·
Got a Polaris X2 800. Best of both worlds. Small dump box on the back room for one passenger, if you need to double, seat folds out of the box and its a two up. The box is great for putting tools, grease gun or whatever in the back when running around the yard or out to the field.

G
#17 ·

650 John deere quad, bombardier, just about 6000 miles on it. 2 sets of tires, few belts, and alot of factory recalls/warrenty work. Probably the toughest one i have had, i love that machine, really stands up to stuff we put it through on the farm, plus fooling around^^ Also have a 4300 utility tractor that does everything, mowing grass, blowing snow, to running the auger at harvest.

#20 ·
We ran Polaris rangers a couple years ago didnt really hold up so we got a xuv that one seems to be holding up okay we have 2 gators now and they new has nothing but problems (old one is 2011 new is a 2013 both 825) the new one is on its second engine now the transmission is out of it so we have a new ranger on the way to try those again. But all this depends on how you use them, here we get our money out of them! Both gators have about 15000 miles of getting the sh*t out of them for every mile

#21 ·
Got a Kawasaki mule diesel with the electric dump option, so glad I was able to get the diesel option before they quit offering them.
25 mph top speed but the bed was much bigger and all metal construction. I use it to pick stones when they are small enough not to need the loader.

My mother uses it more then anyone for just little chores, and the nephews love it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.