The Combine Forum banner

Future Farm Expo

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Don Boles 
#1 ·
https://futurefarmexpo.com/

July 6-8 in beautiful cosmopolitan Olds, Alberta. Calgary Stampede is July 7-16, and is approx. 1 hour drive south. This farm show is being billed as very tech-savvy, geared towards precision farming and complete farm-to-fork experience. Besides, it's being hosted by Olds College, which has a Brewmaster program (only one of it's kind in Canada), and they have a brewery on site. Need I convince you why that's a good thing? I'll admit I have ulterior motives: it's where I live, where my business is located, and I plan on exhibiting at the show. So I am highly motivated to have as many people come to this show as possible, either as spectators or exhibitors. Mark it on your calendars, folks, make it happen!!

#2 ·
Well, with field work and seeding happening at a frantic pace, it has been very busy around here. I thought Id take a moment to let you all know that EkotuningCom will have an exhibit at the Future Farm Expo. The main man himself, Jari will be making the journey west, we'll have on site a dyno, and would love to have the opportunity to meet some of you and answer any questions you might have. Feel free to contact me directly!

#3 ·
Set up is under way, it's hot as Hades today, and should be that way for the foreseeable future. Great haying weather, and excellent farm show weather, too!! Come and see us at the Ekotuning booth, right next to Titan Tires, west side of the exhibition grounds, booth #1717. Stop by and say hello, pepper us with questions, spread gossip, whatever you want. Future Farm Expo at Olds College, Thursday until Saturday!!

#4 ·
Think the facility and location is great combo for a new show and do plan on attending. However, will pretend I am a weather forecaster so am prepared to be wrong(hope so actually), but would not surprise me if there a doozy of a storm that could coincide with Stampede parade and this event even though the world is predicting nothing but heat - could be even more interesting.

#6 ·
I didn't realize that they were going to have a trade show, along with this event until you mentioned it. Glad that I was able to take in a bit of the first day. Mind you it was warm enough that I think Satan would have been looking for the AC. The first day attendance was terrible. I think there were probably more exhibitors there than there were spectators when I was there in the afternoon. Was it a good show, I'd go back. I hope they hold it again next year and actually advertise what the event is a little better.

You can't miss the Ekotuning guys. Its worth talking to Jari, he really does seem to know his stuff.

Reactions: EkotuningSK
#7 ·
Checked the show out yesterday, good first year effort and will give show organizers a good background to build.
Actually took in a cooking demo, originally because it was 15 degrees cooler inside but the lamb meal sampled at the end was a treat.:)

All kinds of "environment" or "green" type businesses on display.
A stand up, low water use, basement greenhouse unit looked neat.
Artificial lighting and mist water feeding of just the roots (no soil), pretty clever for fresh winter vegges but very limited to type of veggie at this point.

At the other end of the spectrum, an on the go protein/moisture reading/mapping unit for combines was on display.
Unit comes from Australia and has been advanced on Hew Holland "headers".
In my worst price guess ever I only missed by 5.7 times, 28,000 cubic dollars!
Interesting case made by Chris though, segregation of different protein levels of barley on the go from field made for classic rationalization.

Wish the show organizers well and suggest they take in Ag In Motion (AIM) next week NW of Saskatoon SK..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.