The Combine Forum banner

Mobile App for viewing Combine Forum

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Giles 
#1 ·
I'm finding the mobile view on my Android chrome browser quite often has trouble displaying properly. Is there a mobile app that nicely handles navigating the forum? I though Tapatalk might but I can't figure out how to add the combine forum to it. I don't need to use Talkatalk either, I only installed it because of my bad combine forum experience on the go.

The problems I'm having on my Android phone (Galaxy S7, Android 7, Chrome browser) are:
1. Email subscription links to the "new post" 95% of the time take me to the first post.
2. Sometimes it tries to show all pages on one page, so long threads require a lot of swiping to get to the bottom, and then often it the last half of the thread is displayed as a blank screen.
3. While typing up a reply or post most of the time it doesn't keep scrolling the input text and the keyboard ends up covering the text so that I can't see what I'm typing.

#3 · (Edited)
I've never had much luck with any forums on my smartphones and I'm subscribed to quite a few. It can be really frustrating! I finally compromised by buying a iPad mini online. I found it for sale at a reasonable price on http://www.used.forsale/. It has a bigger screen than my smartphone so it makes navigating the forums much easier. But at the same time, it is not so bulky that it is a pain to carry around with me. They're just not conducive to mobile use in a standard browser. I'd not heard of Tapatalk before though. I may give that a try. Have you tried it yourself? Is it worth downloading.

#5 ·
I've never had much luck with any forums on my smartphones and I'm subscribed to quite a few. It can be really frustrating! I finally compromised by buying a iPad mini online I found it for sale at a reasonable price on one of the auction websites. It has a bigger screen than my smartphone so it makes navigating the forums much easier. But at the same time, it is not so bulky that it is a pain to carry around with me. They're just not conducive to mobile use in a standard browser. I'd not heard of Tapatalk before though. I may give that a try. Have you tried it yourself? Is it worth downloading.
I've tried to add thecombineforum to tapatalk but I was unsuccessful. Some other forums' links open automatically in tapatalk and it is nicer to read without needing to zoom and scroll sideways though I find tapatalk's interface a little foreign.

Is your ipad mini accessing the full/desktop site? When I use my full sized iPad, it feels like it's using a version that's similar to the desktop site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.