The Combine Forum banner

And another what is this??

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  albertabuck 
#1 ·
Who knows??

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Found this... If you are talking about demountable split rims, you cannot mount them without unlatching the catch and splitting the rim which reduces the size, so if you welded the split closed, the first thing you will need to do is grind the weld off and restore the split. Be sure to grind smooth the sharp edges of the weld so it won't cut your tube.

Once the tires are mounted, you open up the rim to its' former size, realign the ends and latch the ends together. There is a split rim crank type screw jack, called a rim spreader, equipped with three arms for helping to re-expand the split rim and align the ends. If you don't have a rim spreader, there is a way to do it with a Model T jack or a bottle jack.

Attachments

#5 ·
Well I certainly was full of crap on this one last night lol, oh well least I got the spud picker right.
Looking at the original pic again today fully awake and ya one can see that is part of a rim that thing is sitting on, I missed that.
I was thinking of something used in wheelwrighting. And there was wooded spoked wheels in many different sizes, not just the big ones most associate with the typical running gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.