rice combine - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default rice combine

I'm interested in buying a 2188 or 2388 for rice .I,m from south america and we don't have axial flow combines could someone highlight these combines and if they are good for rice
nak101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've run Case combines in rice forever. If I were you I would go with the 2388 first for the extra horsepower. They cut rice just fine. But a true rice combine will have Extended Wear items in it, but if not they can be added when you start to replace worn out parts. Such as the front Transition Cone and Elephant Ears.

I might add that if you have never operated an axial flow combine you will have a learning curve with the differant sounds, feel, ect. Then if, I mean WHEN, you get a slug that stops the rotor and shuts you down, you must realize there are wrong ways to try to unplug it. Some which can be expensive. So, get advice on that before you need it.

I run a 2388 and a 7010.

Good luck and God bless America.

BIRDMAN
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've got a 2188 with a 25' macdon draper. Usually cut about 400 acres of rice a year. My advice, turn the radio off and concentrate especially when cutting down/ lodged rice. You really got to listen to your machine. Also, draper head only way to go as far as i'm concerned. I have plugged this baby up numerous times. When I first got my machine I was running my concave too close, don't be afraid to open it on up. I'm hoping to upgrade to an 04/05 2388 these are some really good combines. I got mine used about 6 yeas ago and have minimul problems.
redrice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks guys
nak101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.