7010/8010 Rice set up - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 7010/8010 Rice set up

The rice machines in our area are all set up with 1 5/8 screens top and bottom, round bars in front two positions and large skip wire in last two positions, vanes in mid over concave area and the last 4 over the grates in the fast position.
These machines are doing great overall, but in really green flag leaf conditions, we are having loss over the screens, but none over the rotor. Would putting large wire in place of the round bars help keep the straw in the rotor longer, thus easing the load on the cleaning system?
Just curious if anyone runs large wires and how they perform in green flag leaf and stalks.
Thanks again.
canonuser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 7010/8010 Rice set up

I have never harvested rice but it seems like it would be similar to wheat. Would it not be better to run small wire in the front 2 positions and put large wire in the back 2 positions. I would think that the large skip wires in the back position would let too much straw get through to the sieves instead of going over the chopper. We have had situations with a lot of mog on one side of the sieve (right side) piling up and running grain out of the back. You may have to shift the rotor cage all the way to the right to help more evenly distribute the straw across the sieves. Our put a little more angle on the sieves ( 2 degrees) . Are you running spike tooth rasp bars all the way around the rotor? Are you running a stripper head?
highcotton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

I run the large wire my 8010s for rice and soybeans I don't think small wire will work at all never ran any round bars to compare to the large wire
caseihafx8010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im having the same problem with my 7010. On my 2388, it seemed that all the loss was over the rotor, but the new combine the roles are reversed. Hardley any rotor loss but much more over the screens. Even in soybeans the im losing more over the screen than my old 2388.
snakebit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

How does the 7010 stack up against the 2388's in rice?
farmerhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm running the same setup as canonuser. I started out with large wire. Losses are worse with the large wire. In green conditions we are having losses from the rotor. The monitors show they are screen losses, but after doing a kill stall, the only thing on the screens is at the rear portion of the screens coming out of the choppers. The only thing i've been able to do is reduce ground speed in greener conditions. I have wondered if round bar in all positions may help. Curious if your screen loss is shown by monitor or checked by kill stall.
stevencaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

What kind of ground speed you running what veriety is the rice and what size head are you using how many rice seeds are in a square foot right behind the separator
caseihafx8010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

I cut rice yesterday with really green straw and was able to run 4mph with very little loss. My 2388 with same size header 25 ft draper, could only make 2.7 and had little more loss. So I wouls say 7010 is at least 1.3 or more than 2388.

snakebit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

You need to run at least a 1000 on the fan, open up the top and bottom screen, don't go by the indicator on the monitor, set them by the gauges on the screens!
redcombineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

G'day canonuser, I am a contract harvester and farmer in New South Wales, Australia. Have finished wheat harvest for 2009 with two new 7088's. One machine is a rice combine and will be custom cutting rice in March with a 25ft draper. I was wondering if you knew how these machines were going in the rice, and any combine set up details. Had to make a few different adjustments than previous 88 models in wheat to get the 7088's going. Had a 2004 8010 for two seasons from new was fine in some crops conditions but overall very dissapointing, caused alot of guys headaches over here and I ended going back to 88 models, was not happy with grain loss and forever making adjustments from field to field. Not confident enough on the 20 series yet.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.