62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
rod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cihmech View Post
I want to see a longer rotor. At least the length of the mid range combines. Sealed up cleaning system. Engine needs to be moved to the rear a foot for more room to access components like rotor CVT and rotor gear box. I like the interchangeable threshing/separating modules but the design causes a pinch point issue in separation area. Pinch point is tight on right side which is also where the wonderful tailings processor discharges. Tent covers on grain bin augers should be a triangle instead of a large flat top for grain to stay on. Rotor gearbox needs a electric motor on it to shift. This is for shifting to deslug.
Now there's some good ideas!
Why is it that the separation area is tighter on the RHS than the LHS ...... I don't understand that bit! Is it just because of that wonderful tailings chute ......... surely not?
Yep, grain tank auger covers ......... triangle top would make a lot of sense.
Oh yes. Changing that rotor gearbox speed with the engine running ...... & a blocked rotor ..... is impossible. Please oh please, make that synco or electronic shift ...... just make it easy to change gears ....... PLEASE.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:34 AM
CEO of the H2O

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
Changing that rotor gearbox speed with the engine running ...... & a blocked rotor ..... is impossible. Please oh please, make that synco or electronic shift ...... just make it easy to change gears ....... PLEASE.

Thought a Gun Operator like yourself would never be plugging your rotor, especially a ST!!!!!!

Its okay to use Monopoly money on strippers with fake boobs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #103 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Probably my biggest criticism is cleaning out the grain tank. What a pain to get it done properly. Second wish would be a proper watertight grain tank. Who gets through harvest without changing crops or a rain event?
Maybe another thread for Macdon I have a couple of grumps for them.
SWFarmService likes this.
post #104 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Besides water-tight covering, what specifically would you change about the grain tank to make it easier to clean? We normally vacuum our tanks out and it's actually quite easy, except that the newer machine has bigger cross augers and leaves a lot more grain under them. Whereas the 7120 can be vacuumed out with just one vacuum-full, the 7230 takes 3 dumps.
post #105 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
Thought a Gun Operator like yourself would never be plugging your rotor, especially a ST!!!!!!
ST rotor is just like having 4WD ........... You can go a lot further in tougher conditions ..... but there is ultimately a point of: "no further can I go!"
post #106 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimmerafarmer View Post
Probably my biggest criticism is cleaning out the grain tank. What a pain to get it done properly. Second wish would be a proper watertight grain tank. Who gets through harvest without changing crops or a rain event?
Maybe another thread for Macdon I have a couple of grumps for them.
The grain tank is certainly water tight! It may not have a "water tight cover" ...... but it certainly holds all water that falls in it. If it holds water, it will hold canola.
As for cleaning the grain tank, it's no better or worse than anything else I've had. They've all got "nooks & crannies" to hold grain & chaff.
post #107 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
There are a lot of places for grain to catch, just an untidy desighn. Look pretty on the outside, engineers need to get out more. We use air compressor but still have to poke jammed grain from a lot of places. Broad beans are the worst they will catch where smaller grains will fall through. We get about a bag out after the augers have finished and it takes quite a while to do it properly. Gets uncomfortable rather quickly in there on a hot day (no snow here at harvest time or any other time) Finished yesterday so only got to do it once more till next year and its home in the shed so it won't get wet.
post #108 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
I'm glad to hear someone is having luck with it, I along with some friends used Centerpoint RTX this spring and as far as we were concerned we got scammed. I had the worst luck with our Outback on WAAS being more accurate.

When I seeded beans between my wheat rows by the end of one day in particular I was over 90 in off. Was a disaster trying to keep a 48 row planter in check and nudging the GPS from one end of the field to the other, sometimes 20" on a single pass.

I see you are on swath number 330... Surely there wasn't 330 passes in that field alone, was there? If so, how big was this field? If you start a new field and record a new line you won't have this drift issue. Because the AB line is not geo-referenced, as you get farther and farther from the AB line (over 100 passes) your accuracy degrades, no matter what signal level you run... Try asking questions before complaining about things that can easily be fixed...
post #109 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Can you explain further what you mean about not geo-referenced.

Personally, I've never found a real use for the A+B line function of most GPS guidance systems. Everything we do is A+heading. I'm always surprised when the units default to A+B when defining new swathes. I guess maybe it's because our fields are all circles (or squares surveyed on a grid) and we tend to work them straight north and south (or on a well-defined angle like 345 or 15) to make it easy to get around the pivot. We always start to one side of the center line of the field for every operation.
SWFarmService likes this.

Last edited by torriem; 01-10-2017 at 10:17 PM.
post #110 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:24 PM

Location: North of west palm beach FL and where you all want to visit
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Well, isn't this just great. All this work detailing fundamental flaws in the design and performance of the machine and then you ask for more lights and a better seat! I know exactly what the 2018 model will have for upgrades now....lights and a seat.

Oh and BTW welcome to the forum. Somebody razzed me right after I joined too, ha ha.

And put your location in your profile please.
Haha well thanks but these new combines are fairly nice I think but what would be perfect for me wouldn't be for your area in any mechine but I will just be happy to be comfortable sitting there all day and into the night and I am in South Florida enjoying the nice weather getting ready to plant we almost have finished land work here and yes I will post a pic of corn soon to bug yall

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page