Improvemnt "wish list" for Flagship machines - Page 12 - The Combine Forum

67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsguru View Post
I see you are on swath number 330... Surely there wasn't 330 passes in that field alone, was there? If so, how big was this field? If you start a new field and record a new line you won't have this drift issue. Because the AB line is not geo-referenced, as you get farther and farther from the AB line (over 100 passes) your accuracy degrades, no matter what signal level you run... Try asking questions before complaining about things that can easily be fixed...
You make a very interesting observation, that field is where I started! I never did notice that, I got the GPS set and the planter calibrated. I made probably 4 rounds that night while the sun was going down. Since it was the first field I didn't have enough faith in myself to run at night.

I got back the next day and was 3 rows off, not easy to pick out in no till.

So still a pile because weather it's ten miles off that line shouldn't move overnight

And my poorest GPS system is a Raven on WAAS that I run CTF with. I run 2 a-b lines all year round and the most even 20 miles from the original set point I'm only off 10"

And just for the record there would be over 80 passes in that particular field, even with a 24 row planter

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1497 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon1990 View Post
I am in South Florida enjoying the nice weather
Thanks for rubbing that in.

And thanks for updating your profile.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #113 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
rod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Thumbs up New model Flagship improvement list, defined by this forum.

So to summarise contributions to this thread & define an actual list of desired improvements for upcoming & future Case Flagship machines, here they are:
  • Feeder chain noise to be eliminated.
  • Hardened (wear resistant) steel on initial floor on feeder tilt frame.
  • Stone trap that works & does not reduce feeder capacity. NH DSP or JD like system.
  • Ability to SLOWLY reverse & FORWARD feeder chain when clearing feeder block.
  • Hardware on impeller wear plates to be much stronger & wear resistant.
  • Hardware in transition cone to be much more wear resistant.
  • OEM small wire concaves need to be 10mm from top of cross bar to wire.
  • Hardened (wear resistant) concave (module) mounting frame.
  • Factory adjusted & checked ..... concave to rotor: LEVEL & CENTRE.
  • Longer rotor & separation area - to greatly reduce rotor loss.
  • 10 degree rotor bars over the first two modules (concave area #1 & #2) for ST rotors. 28 degree spiked bars over #3 & #4.
  • Returns monitor sensor to be repositioned or recalibrated.
  • Returns - rethrasher. Make one that actually works in cereals!
  • More room between engine & grain tank to access rotor drive/engine area.
  • Rotor gear change to be electric so speed can be easily changed with engine running. A must when using de-slug.
  • Seal up cleaning shoe to reduce air leakage on the sides.
  • Rear mounted chopper, MAV type. MAV is just simple & it works. Need a dual speed chopper for rice & corn.
  • Grain tank cross auger covers to be "triangle" to stop grain sitting on current flat top covers.
  • Large diameter stainless steel washers required on "allen key" bolts on the the inside tube of the auger fold to stop wear on slotted holes.
  • Eliminate chaff build up on rear of deck around air cleaner.
  • Eliminate (as much as possible) potential chaff/dust traps on hot areas of the engine bay.
  • Dual wheel bolts breaking.
  • All lighting to be LED including powerful distance lights & rotating beacons.
  • Move rear works lights to engine deck to reduce chaff & dust affect on lights.
  • Greatly reduce cab "droning" noise. Same cab as NH but much noisier.
  • Rear cab window to be kept clean.

Last edited by rod; 01-11-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
At the very least I want the cage vanes to be evenly set apart so the top of vanes can be bridged together like mid range combine. Top of vanes bend when de slugging rotor. I would like to see a cage redesign. Half of the cage does nothing. There are no vanes to transport crop nor rub bars for threshing / separation. I think there should be vanes that cover the whole cage and or have threshing/ separating modules inserted on that side. This would utilize every inch of thresher to thresh and separate.
post #115 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Can you explain further what you mean about not geo-referenced.

Personally, I've never found a real use for the A+B line function of most GPS guidance systems. Everything we do is A+heading. I'm always surprised when the units default to A+B when defining new swathes. I guess maybe it's because our fields are all circles (or squares surveyed on a grid) and we tend to work them straight north and south (or on a well-defined angle like 345 or 15) to make it easy to get around the pivot. We always start to one side of the center line of the field for every operation.
The surface of the earth is curved, whether you can see it or not. Your guidance lines being non-georeferenced means that they do not conform to the curvature of the earth. Therefore, it's like putting a square metal grid onto a curved surface. No matter how hard you try, as you get farther from your initial guidance line (A+, AB etc) your accuracy degrades and you will notice line shift.

I always tell my customers to name each and every field, be it a quarter section, half section, whatever. And have a separate guidance line for each field. Setting new A+ lines in the Pro700 is extremely simple, and don't worry about filling up the memory. Guidance lines and field names take up very little data compared to prescriptions etc.

The majority of my line-shift complaints come from guys who run one or two guidance lines all year and just make a new one when the display tells them they have to. I instruct them to create a new line and the problem goes away.
@SWFarmService 80 passes isn't a big deal (60ft passes x 80 is less than a mile) but you are on 330. That is a big deal. Do not record your A+ line unless you are in the field, and create/select a guidance line for each and every field you work in and I can assure you that the line-shift problem will be alleviated.
post #116 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The surface of the earth is curved, whether you can see it or not. Your guidance lines being non-georeferenced means that they do not conform to the curvature of the earth. Therefore, it's like putting a square metal grid onto a curved surface. No matter how hard you try, as you get farther from your initial guidance line (A+, AB etc) your accuracy degrades and you will notice line shift.

I always tell my customers to name each and every field, be it a quarter section, half section, whatever. And have a separate guidance line for each field. Setting new A+ lines in the Pro700 is extremely simple, and don't worry about filling up the memory. Guidance lines and field names take up very little data compared to prescriptions etc.

The majority of my line-shift complaints come from guys who run one or two guidance lines all year and just make a new one when the display tells them they have to. I instruct them to create a new line and the problem goes away.
@SWFarmService 80 passes isn't a big deal (60ft passes x 80 is less than a mile) but you are on 330. That is a big deal. Do not record your A+ line unless you are in the field, and create/select a guidance line for each and every field you work in and I can assure you that the line-shift problem will be alleviated.
But your missing it, that is field #1 on like pass 7 right there.....

I spent half the day prior on the phone with Trimble because the subscription would not load correct and come up as 3DR or whatever it was supposed to be.

God Bless America
post #117 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Doesn't Trimble use UTM coordinates for plotting guidance? I thought all GPS steering systems do. No matter how far away you are from start you'll still be as accurate as UTM is, which isn't bad at all for most of our latitudes provided you don't cross a zone boundary (and UTM zones do overlap, minimizing this problem). And UTM lets the system ignore the earth's curvature and still get a reasonable result.

While on wish lists--this isn't specific to the combine but rather to the Case guidance system on all their machines--I've long wished that their shifting function worked more like John Deere's. Instead of accumulating shift widths, I'd rather just press a button and move the current track right to my present position instantly (what Case call's re-mark), or move the track itself left or right when I hit the track shift buttons.

I've heard rumors on this forum that Case is moving away from Trimble for GPS guidance. This would give them a chance to make the system work like farmers ask, rather than just doing what Trimble assumes is the right thing to do.
SWFarmService likes this.

Last edited by torriem; 01-11-2017 at 11:11 AM.
post #118 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
But your missing it, that is field #1 on like pass 7 right there.....

I spent half the day prior on the phone with Trimble because the subscription would not load correct and come up as 3DR or whatever it was supposed to be.
Your swath number shows 330 R, therefore, you are 330 passes from where you recorded the initial guidance line. That is the issue. It doesn't matter where you first engaged the steering, it's where the guidance line was created.
post #119 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Your swath number shows 330 R, therefore, you are 330 passes from where you recorded the initial guidance liene. That is the issue. It doesn't matter where you first engaged the steering, it's where the guidance line was created.
No, this is the field the tractor started on, not some place else, this is not my tractor and no saved points, I set a new line right there, first field that tractor was in. A+heading line.

God Bless America
post #120 of 142 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
rod

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cihmech View Post
At the very least I want the cage vanes to be evenly set apart so the top of vanes can be bridged together like mid range combine. Top of vanes bend when de slugging rotor. I would like to see a cage redesign. Half of the cage does nothing. There are no vanes to transport crop nor rub bars for threshing / separation. I think there should be vanes that cover the whole cage and or have threshing/ separating modules inserted on that side. This would utilize every inch of thresher to thresh and separate.
It's a pity more of the ideals of the bi-rotor haven't been adopted.

https://www.facebook.com/10150291851...0129109759925/

SWFarmService likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page