Improvemnt "wish list" for Flagship machines - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
What model & YOM flagship machine do you run?
I ran and serviced 8010's black and red top and 8120's, not really sure on the years.

I run 1480's but my father in law has been running flagships for 11 years now. They are very popular in my area.

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:34 AM
KWO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
I have never run a Case with a stone trap ...... my brother ran one in 1982 when the very first trial versions were in some machines ..... & not pretty ...... & they are still very similar today! .
I had two 66's with rocktraps and had feeding issues, I believe this was caused by the feeder directing the crop flow at the beater rather than underneath it.
I then had a 2388 without a trap and didn't do any serious damage luckily.
Now have a 7120 with the rock trap and it leaves the 2388 for dead with feeding. Now it feeds under the beater not at it.
But my good crops are possibly your failures, tho I think I had more trouble in light crops than heavy anyway

post #13 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Cool

Don't change a thing. They're perfect just as is. Or at least with the prices I'm being quoted on new combines it won't matter much because I won't be buying another one anytime soon. Might take that money and go yacht shopping. Instead let the CNH Corporate boys, the shareholder and brokers go combining with their million dollar flagships.
torriem likes this.

Last edited by bad altitude; 12-31-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Pretend Entrepreneur

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Take the feeder and shove it in the designers ass! Not sure about the NH ones as I know access sucks. The feeder needs to be narrower and it needs a better design to drive the rock beater and chain. The NH might solve this but not sure.

The cones shape needs to be redesigned!

The unloading auger is a joke! Needs to be updated to go faster with a better drive system.

The engine needs to be turned to be straight with the combine, this would cut costs and make serviceability much easier!

Did someone mention a candle upgrade?

Hopper visibility is has to be delt with one of these days! Come on CNH!

A heating grid light?

How about a way to tell the Kunt in the corner that as an operator that I am not an idiot! Trust me that I noticed the feeder is plugged or the hopper is 3/4 full, the flashing lights alert the cart driver. I hate listening to all of its crap about overload and so on, when I drive a combine I want to use all of it.

Take the 24V setup and shove it, nothing worse than a combine that starts for **** in the cold and you can't hardly boost it either, and then it has no heating grid light? Stupid

How about a weight loss program? Like while your redoing the feeder bring it closer to the combine to better balance it.

The machine access needs to be seriously looked at, they are very dirty combines and take for ever to clean.

Take a serious look at shoe air flow problems.

I'm going to stop before they need to biuld a whole new chassis

You seem to have a major beef with these machines. I haven't seen not one positive comment from you on them, in quite a few posts about them.

I don't bleed CNH red, just wondering about your logic here on a few items...............

feeder: it's nice and long, and simple. Why narrower? It currently Allows great visibility of the front and ability to clear gate posts.............I have zero exp with a stone trap model.

Cone: ???? What's wrong here. I know two 8010's that have original cones @ 2500 & 2800 sep hrs. One needs doing now.

Auger: what's more simple than one chain on the early models? It's fast enough.
I used the long folding auger this year. It's fast. And very very long.
Leaves other brands for dead when you want to CTF.
Who else has the ability to shut off the grain tank augers? NH?

Engine: get your measuring tape and check from the radiator to the CVT gearcase. Then measure from the rotor gearbox, the way you think the engine should be..............then picture the height the motor would have to be...........crazy. How does that reduce costs??? Then still need to 90deg drive the rest of the separator components.
It would have to be one of the most easily accessible engine bays out there. Pretty tight between the grain bin yes, but there's no need to go in there.

Weight: how do you make it lighter without losing chassis strength. There's plenty that get around in the rice paddys mud over here with out much trouble. Shorter feeder = better balance?????
It's pretty hard to get the back wheels off the ground now, even with the current length feeder. Clarify balance..

Accessibility: have you changed concaves on a JD? How can the flagship not be the most accessible? I have pulled internals on ALL the other brands, many a time. You could play cricket inside on the grain pan it's so open and accessible. Concaves and grates are 100% easier to change than the heritage.........yes, the rear end is dirty but I consider the rest easy to clean

Air Flow: Iam yet to see a problem here. Maybe Slo-mo cameras would show something. The only problem I see is uneven loading of material. Completely due to cage not being levelled and centred............ Personally experienced this problem this season.

Lights, overload, plugging, 3/4 full, bloke in corner??:
I don't understand any of that post..............???

Please clarify some or all of the above.
harvestmoon likes this.

Its okay to use Monopoly money on strippers with fake boobs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
You seem to have a major beef with these machines. I haven't seen not one positive comment from you on them, in quite a few posts about them.

I don't bleed CNH red, just wondering about your logic here on a few items...............

feeder: it's nice and long, and simple. Why narrower? It currently Allows great visibility of the front and ability to clear gate posts.............I have zero exp with a stone trap model.

Cone: ???? What's wrong here. I know two 8010's that have original cones @ 2500 & 2800 sep hrs. One needs doing now.

Auger: what's more simple than one chain on the early models? It's fast enough.
I used the long folding auger this year. It's fast. And very very long.
Leaves other brands for dead when you want to CTF.
Who else has the ability to shut off the grain tank augers? NH?

Engine: get your measuring tape and check from the radiator to the CVT gearcase. Then measure from the rotor gearbox, the way you think the engine should be..............then picture the height the motor would have to be...........crazy. How does that reduce costs??? Then still need to 90deg drive the rest of the separator components.
It would have to be one of the most easily accessible engine bays out there. Pretty tight between the grain bin yes, but there's no need to go in there.

Weight: how do you make it lighter without losing chassis strength. There's plenty that get around in the rice paddys mud over here with out much trouble. Shorter feeder = better balance?????
It's pretty hard to get the back wheels off the ground now, even with the current length feeder. Clarify balance..

Accessibility: have you changed concaves on a JD? How can the flagship not be the most accessible? I have pulled internals on ALL the other brands, many a time. You could play cricket inside on the grain pan it's so open and accessible. Concaves and grates are 100% easier to change than the heritage.........yes, the rear end is dirty but I consider the rest easy to clean

Air Flow: Iam yet to see a problem here. Maybe Slo-mo cameras would show something. The only problem I see is uneven loading of material. Completely due to cage not being levelled and centred............ Personally experienced this problem this season.

Lights, overload, plugging, 3/4 full, bloke in corner??:
I don't understand any of that post..............???

Please clarify some or all of the above.
Have you driven anything else??

May be helpful....

I will explain the bloke in the corner, beep beep, bong bong, asks for an ok a hundred times or better a day..... catching on mate?

God Bless America
post #16 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
The engine needs to be turned to be straight with the combine, this would cut costs and make serviceability much easier!
Not sure how that would cut costs and make serviceability easier? A single 90 degree turn into the rotor doesn't lose much if any mechanical efficiency.
Quote:
Take a serious look at shoe air flow problems.
What shoe air flow problems? The fan has more than enough air flow to blow grain right out the back if you want.

Last edited by torriem; 12-31-2016 at 11:48 AM.
post #17 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
From this post I'm surprised anyone buys a CASE. This just makes them sounds like absolute junk. Yet they are still fairly popular. I've run Deere, Claas, and heritage CASE. The grass is always greener on the other side boys.
joeltractor likes this.
post #18 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaudet View Post
From this post I'm surprised anyone buys a CASE. This just makes them sounds like absolute junk. Yet they are still fairly popular. I've run Deere, Claas, and heritage CASE. The grass is always greener on the other side boys.
They are not junk really at all....

Well all combines are junk considering the price of them.

No matter what brand you put up there should be a list of things to improve upon.

Threads like this if read by the right people could get the wheels turning of the people building them

No matter the brand of combine I can guarantee the lists would all be similar in length

God Bless America
post #19 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Not sure how that would cut costs and make serviceability easier? A single 90 degree turn into the rotor doesn't lose much if any mechanical efficiency.

What shoe air flow problems? The fan has more than enough air flow to blow grain right out the back if you want.
Have you ever had to work on the front side of the engine compartment? Like replace an oil line? Install a new block heater or replace a U-joints?

And yes I don't care how you look at it the combine would be more efficient with the engine the right way. Look at Claas, Massey and Gleaner. These combines are definitely simpler driving the engine with the machine.

Shoe air flow problems? You hadn't noticed the massive air leaks? Maybe this was taken care of after the 20 series. And the bottom shoe (been a while since I messed with the shoe so I might be off a little) needs to be dropped in the front and shortened slightly so it actually cleans something rather than pushing a large load to the useless rethrasher. I even recall the floor design being off, too high behind the fan.

God Bless America
post #20 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
So what remains to be classed as good on a 10 and 20 series. From posts i've read...the engine has failed, the combine overthrows all the time, the fan sucks, the feeder house sucks, the stone traps sucks, the rethrasher sucks, its too heavy, the shoe sucks, the sieves suck, wheel bolts break, hmmmm....

joeltractor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page