Peterson sieve Question? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Peterson sieve Question?

I just bought another 2388 to add to our fleet and it came with a non adjustable Peterson air-foil sieve. We have always run the standard small grain and corn sieves, I was just looking for some advice to see if I wanted to keep it or sale it for some standard ones. We harvest wheat, milo, corn, and sometimes sunflowers. The combine has a standard rotor as well.

Thank you.
silver72man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a solid airfoil screen in a 1688, I always liked it but don't remember what brand it was. We had a 1660 with a different brand airfoil, did not like it the holes were too big. I wish I new what the brands were. We bought the first one because it was lighter, were having bushing and broken sieve trouble with the 1688. It was trouble free after that. We just use the 1688 as a spare but it still has that sieve in it, need to sell it.
thn43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have the adjustable Peterson sieve in one of our 7088's. Have only used it in Corn and Soybeans so far and will be in Wheat in July ( If it decides to rain or snow one of these days lol), I've never been around the non-adjustable ones but I can say the adjustable sieve is the best thing we have ever put in any machine we have had.
Itzenfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a non adjustable air foil that I run every now and then. In fact it is still in the machine as the standard cloz slat chaffer broke this past season. It is made by Harvest Services, and is light weight and fairly rigid.

It does work pretty well in heavy grains or seeds. I dont know that I would wait until the last minute to buy a standard chaffer, as you may not like it. It does take some experimenting because it is a different concept than the adjustables. But used they are not worth a lot as freight would cost too much. If you can get an off season discount or something on the chaffer style you are used to, I would buy it and have it on standby.

Basically you use the fan speed and shoe setting to control the chaffer.

I forgot to add, if you are a member of agtalk.com, the member there Jon Hagen is pretty much an expert with this air foil chaffer as I believe he runs it exclusively. He also runs flax and some sort of peas.

Last edited by doorknob; 01-08-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: to add something
doorknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

i have a peterson sieve. i use it to drag behind my 4 wheeler to smooth the driveway. it was ok i corn but made soybeans trashy
brianwilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.