IH 843 cornhead and IH 1480 combine? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default IH 843 cornhead and IH 1480 combine?

Does an IH 843 cornhead work on a IH 1480 combine? The cornhead mounts and runs fine but the tires extend beyond the head causing a drivedown of corn. This IH 1480 has large tires. Is there an adjustment of any kind such as different tires and rims, etc that can be made so that the IH 843 cornhead can be used on the IH 1480?
tschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I doubt you'll find a wheel/tire combo that will allow you to run that head on a 1480. We used to run an 844 on a 1460 with 24.5x32 tires and the left side tire would still just graze the outer row. Being a 1480 your combine is a bit wider than our 60 was plus your head is a narrow row where ours was a wide row. Maybe there is a tire out there that I don't know about though that will work with your rig. Best of luck to you and if you would please let me know what you find out for future reference.
Braden Tidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im unaware as well of a tire combo that will work for the 4 row head. My 1480 has duals on it and had a similar problem with my 963 head, I changed up to a 1083 and solved the problem. The duals make my 25 platform work so nicely I hated to lose them. If it were my machine I'd be on the lookout for at least a 6 row head. My 1480 seem to love the 8 row if the corn isn't to wet. Good luck
dodgepaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.