The Combine Forum banner

2388 Power Issue

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  snides007 
#1 ·
I have a 2388 that when the grain tank gets full, the machine starts loosing ground speed. We are running in 2nd Gear. The fuller the tank gets the slower it starts moving. I assume its hydrosat problems. We dont notice any black smoke or engine speed loss. Case dealer has had this machine 4 times for this problem and they cant find it. Any one have any suggestions.

#6 ·
Could be the hydro swash plates worn. Got mine done up few yrs ago same reason. Was brand new machine after. Same problem as you low hydro power but everything else fine. 1st thing u tried was that clutch valve but then mechanic took of hydro drive and done it up. He then told me recently he had done up 12 out 19 machines he had serviced pre harvest last yr. they think its from the wet harvests here and condensation getting sucked into hyd oil at night as it cool down then getting run thru system next day. Those plates in hydro are made of brass so are first things to corrode. They have very fine tolerance to wear as oil will just flow past when hot instead of turning hydro. Think was about the $2000 to rebuild or $4500 for brand new. But is amazing the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.