2388 Rice Combine - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2388 Rice Combine

I am looking for a newer combine to replace my TR 75 and have more capacity. I was looking at buying a rice combine and then bringing it into Canada to use. They are about 1/2 the price of what our small grain ones are worth up here. Is this a feasable idea or is there too much added expense to switch a rice combine over to small grains (rock trap, cylinder).
I am looking at a 1998 CIH 2388 with 2780hrs, with 4wd, new tires, ?spike cylinder?, they are asking around 58,000 for it. Is that alot of hrs on a rice combine, it looks mint from the pictures a bit of rust on the feeder house but the sheet metal and cab are almost brand new looking. Any ideas or suggestions are apreciated.
9520deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 2388 Rice Combine

http://www.ironsearch.com/IRONSearch/det....48-A2B823927B5D

Thats the one I was looking at.
9520deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

a lot of pics but none of the inside of machine I would ask for pics of inside & front inside this machine looks real nice for having almost 3000hrs I've been to this dealership back in the fall looking for tractors this place has a lot of inventory three lots in Agusta they have a good reputation, I have a friend in Wynne I'll give him a call he probably knows about this machine, he might have a machine himself, Arkansa machines are usually well kept!
matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blogger

Eldridge is a good dealer. They put out lots of equipment in that area. They are also a Lexion dealer...the only one in that part of the state.

3000 hours is a lot on any combine here. No matter if its only cut beans or whatever. I'm about 50 miles west of that machine and we try and trade up after 3 or 4 years, usually around 1500 hours. But yes the farmers in that area take good care of their stuff.
riceman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.