Like us on Facebook! - The Combine Forum

 44Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Like us on Facebook!


Get community news and updates in your Facebook feed.

See posts from around the forum you may have missed and keep up with your favourite community.

Like TheCombineForum.com on Facebook!


aharvest likes this.
Administrator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
8850jd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 3,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Oh God no.... Sorry I got rid of Facebook all together... Best thing I have done in years...

8850jd is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
meskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE sask Canada
Posts: 1,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8850jd View Post
Oh God no.... Sorry I got rid of Facebook all together... Best thing I have done in years...
I never got Facebook in the first place.
lynas, 8850jd and SWFarmService like this.
meskie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 4,567
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
I never got Facebook in the first place.
Me neither.

I am more than a little disappointed to see that what we do here will be somehow transmitted onto something I despise like Facebook.

When did whoever is in charge here actually ask the members if this was a good idea???
albertabuck, lynas, meskie and 3 others like this.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
712alberta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West of Don, south of Coolio,
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
There is already a combine forums facebook page. It was started several years ago by the previous operators of this site.
712alberta is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Red River Valley, MB
Posts: 1,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
I feel that if used properly Facebook is a good thing.

It's the easiest way for me to keep in contact with friends I made while in New Zealand and family I have in Europe. Yes it can be full of stupid trash but if you know what you're doing you can weed that garbage out.

That being said, I will not like or link my Facebook account to this site.

I don't understand why some people hate Facebook with a passion. Don't post crap on there that can come back on you and only follow or "like" things you're interested in and it's fine. I love that there's a medium that when we are out planting corn, I can snap a picture and put it on there and get a message awhile later from people on the other side of the planet asking what the conditions are like, how things are working, etc. It's fun.

Yes, I hate it when people put all their dirty laundry on there and piss and moan about everything in their lives, but honestly it's not much different from one of these forums...
jcalder is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
cptusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: east central IA
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Garage
I hate facepage with a passion. Never joined. Is useless to me. Hate twatter as well. In fact most social media has no place in society for me.
lynas, V876, 8850jd and 2 others like this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
cptusa is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 4,567
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
I don't understand why some people hate Facebook with a passion. Don't post crap on there that can come back on you and only follow or "like" things you're interested in and it's fine.
OK, maybe despise was too strong of a word. Maybe "dislike" is more appropriate...LOL

I just see facebook as a gigantic waste of time, with very little useful info. Some business facebook pages contain useful info but the personal end of things seems very superficial to me. But what do I know....I'm not on there.

Facebook is just another cog in the modern culture of keeping people close but yet distant. People on the computer are just that, communication really starts when you can pick up the phone and call someone or chat with them on the street. We need more of that!

I view the combine forum as different(although it can sometimes be a waste of time as well). Here you can read what you want on the topics you are interested/knowledgeable about and leave the rest alone. A lot of useful info is on here and even more is on demand if you ask. There is too much political BS on here and I am partially guilty of that myself. Rarely are we going to change anyone's mind on politics...

Becoming more like facebook is an un-productive move IMO. Only good thing we have got from facebook is the "like" button, often saves one having to post a "thank you" or "X2".
lynas likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
 
Christian A. Herrnboeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St Gregor, SK
Posts: 5,933
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
OK, maybe despise was too strong of a word. Maybe "dislike" is more appropriate...LOL

I just see facebook as a gigantic waste of time, with very little useful info. Some business facebook pages contain useful info but the personal end of things seems very superficial to me. But what do I know....I'm not on there.

Facebook is just another cog in the modern culture of keeping people close but yet distant. People on the computer are just that, communication really starts when you can pick up the phone and call someone or chat with them on the street. We need more of that!

I view the combine forum as different(although it can sometimes be a waste of time as well). Here you can read what you want on the topics you are interested/knowledgeable about and leave the rest alone. A lot of useful info is on here and even more is on demand if you ask. There is too much political BS on here and I am partially guilty of that myself. Rarely are we going to change anyone's mind on politics...

Becoming more like facebook is an un-productive move IMO. Only good thing we have got from facebook is the "like" button, often saves one having to post a "thank you" or "X2".

It's a generational thing

Most of the younger crowd from here is on FB... I use it for keeping in touch with friends... completely private stuff only.


Twitter on the other hand, is full of useful information, and awesome conversations, just follow the right people.

And then there's the information battle keeping consumers in the loop, and letting them know how food is produced... getting them involved.... you know #Agvocate, #farm365?
chance2 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christian A. Herrnboeck is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
SWMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Killarney, MB
Posts: 4,567
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian A. Herrnboeck View Post
And then there's the information battle keeping consumers in the loop, and letting them know how food is produced... getting them involved.... you know #Agvocate, #farm365?
I have slowly come to the conclusion that the best way to get people the truth is not to attempt to give them facts on social media or that sort of stuff. There will always be more "noise" and poor info coming from poor sources because these people have all the time in the world to promote whatever agenda they may have at the time. We will always be reacting to something or another. On the internet or twitter one source is just as credible as another because nobody is informed enough about the sources. The best plan IMO is to discredit and foster a dis-trust of the media in general so people take everything they hear with a "grain of salt" so-to-speak. Maybe then will they then look for a more credible source, like someone they actually know, or a farmer they see down the road,etc. Ag in the classroom is a good way to get them while they are young, although the bulk of the public education system is so corrupted with environmentalist left-wing baloney it will be near impossible to off-set...

quappelle, stockton, V876 and 3 others like this.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
SWMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome