The Combine Forum banner

CR 9080 vs JD 9870

46K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  Maudea2 
#1 ·
We are thinking about going from 2 9600 John Deeres to running 1 larger machine. Currently we run 930 JD straight heads on about 4500 acres of wheat, barley, canola, sunflowers and some soybeans. We have priced a 2010 9080 and a 2010 9870, both with around 250 sep hrs. We are looking at a 40' Macdon Flex draper for either combine. The 9080 is looking cheaper in price, but waiting on final numbers on the 9870. I would appreciate any experiences anyone has had with the machines and how they compare side by side in the real world. I have heard alot of good things about the 9080. and seen more of them in North Cental ND. thanks

#45 ·
We currently run a 9080 and a 595. Last year we had lots of stone trap, high fuel consumption and air filter issues with our 9080. After spending some time at the dealership over the summer it has been not a bad machine. The stone trap is better and after 110hrs only replaced 1 air filter. Dont know what they did but it helped. They put a Steinbauer chip in it to correct the fuel consumtion issue and it is now a fairly good machine. I think that the 9080 only has an advantage over the 9070 when straight cutting in heavy tough conditions. I think the 9090 shoe in the 9080 will be agood thing for it. At this point though after running the 595 and 9080 side by side for a full harvest in wheat canola and flax I think the 595 proved itself and may be the machine of choice on our farm. The new beater type stone trap would be a huge improvement on the 9080 though.

#47 ·
Just ran the GI 9090 with stone trap a couple days ago in 35' swathed wheat. Didn't notice any noticeable differences in capacity although my 9090 with elevation shoe seemed to throw a little less over. I could hear the stone roller running at 1050 rpm down there a tiny bit and the feeder house sticks out quite a bit more but not a bad thing at all. The confidence of the the stone trap would be worth the money for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.