CR 970 Pics - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CR 970 Pics

Here are some from this years' wheat harvest. Some came out kind of big in Photobucket, I tried downsizing.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_1757.jpg[/img]

Here are some of the countryside around our farm

9860jd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: CR 970 Pics

Very nice combine and country. Whats better the Deere or NH? Where were these taken?

Take care,

Nathan
agcofan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

They both have their strong points. The Deere has the cleaner sample. but we might be able to improve the NH with more tinkering with adjustments. The NH is quieter and has a nicer cab. We like the electronic transmission in the NH. No reefing on the big lever to shift like the Deere. The new 970 has more power and is now even with the Deere in the field where as last year the previous model lagged behind. These pictures are taken in South Central Alberta near Drumheller.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Its about time you posted pics of your NH.. J/K Sweet pics. On the one that is a little blury though..it looks like the reel is going a 100 MPH. Ahh who cares..still a sweet combine. Is that a 36ft header? Do you find it was big enough or would a 39/42ft header be more suitable? I do find it hard to believe that the JD has a better sample. Must be the settings on the NH havent been perfected yet Thanks for sharing.
dustyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

That is a 36 ft. header. We're happy with it. Does HoneyBee/NH make a bigger one? I know Macdon does. The blurry one was taken at twilight. I was about 20 min. too late. I wanted the combine lights but not too dark. We've tried everything to clean up the sample. Rotors are as fast and as tight as possible. Bottom sieve is almost shut tight. Then the re-threshers will plug. We have 2 rows of front fillers in as well as rotor pins and trailing rasp bars. The variety of wheat is notoriously hard to thresh. The JD is set similarly. The 400 hp is a huge improvement.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes, you can get a 42ft model. I was just curious if you thought the combine could handle more at an efficiant rate where you wouldnt have to slow down much or would the power not be there to handle it. Im not exactly sure what to tell you on the sample as I have never run a CR. But growing up with TRs nothing can beat them sample wise. I know others know how to set up this machine so hopefully they chime in..as I dont want to see a unhappy customer.
dustyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi

Great pictures of that NH CR970 in action! Just curious, but why do you run two different brands of combines instead of going with one brand? I am not by any means saying that is wrong, but I find it interesting as most guys around here stick with one brand for combines, unless they are tired of one make and then switch to another brand, but trade both machines for the equivalent in another color. Take Care Jason B
7720turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

The reason is that for years we have leased 1 large combine. In '05 we had a late, large crop coming so last minute, we wanted to get a second machine. Our Deere dealer couldn't source one quickly so we turned to our NH dealer. He brought us a 970 and the rest is history. We've traded since for the increased hp on NH. We like different things about both machines and will probably stay with one of each for a while.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

We tried closing the bottom down but the re-threshers would always plug and the return monitor would go right to the top going up a hill. I think in our case if they can get the rotors to shut right tight against the concave we should be ok. Just need to do more threshing up front not in the re-threshers. Can't get it any tighter than 3/16".
Old 10-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:We tried closing the bottom down but the re-threshers would always plug and the return monitor would go right to the top going up a hill. I think in our case if they can get the rotors to shut right tight against the concave we should be ok. Just need to do more threshing up front not in the re-threshers. Can't get it any tighter than 3/16".

Have you physically measured your concave to rasp bar clearance? If you're running universal concaves it should close down to a minimum clearance of 2mm to the tallest point on the rasp bar. Yours is going to just shy of 5mm clearance if the cab readout is correct. Since its not then you need to readjust your jamb nuts on the adjustment screw up top. Though you need to be careful when adjusting it down that far that the system does not try and bind up. If it does try and bind then you need to set the stops just prior to that point or you risk bending the linkage or breaking shear bolts. Also check your concentricity and levelness of the concaves. Concentricity needs to be checked at 5mm clearance at 3 points around the radius at both the front and back of each concave.
caseguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.