Gleaner R60: Separator and Unloader Clutches - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gleaner R60: Separator and Unloader Clutches

I currently have problems with my Gleaner R60 Combine:

1. Separator and Bin Unloader Clutches: The Separator and Bin Unloader Clutches engage upon switching to the, “On” position, but remain engaged when switched, “Off”. Position 8 of the stack of solenoids was checked, and a replacement magnetizing coil was tried, but the Separator remained engaged. Switching off the engine usually results in both the separator and the bin unloader clutches switching off.

2. Cylinder Speed Monitor: The cylinder speed monitor reads zero RPM when the Separator Clutch is engaged and the Cylinder is rotating. Upon replacing the, “Eagle”, speed monitoring sensor the speed monitor continues to read zero while the cylinder is turning.

3. Hydrostatic Drive: The combine does not want to move in top gear on roadways. In third gear, following much noise from the Hydrostatic Drive, the combine slowly moves. In the field when the grain tank is almost full the combine needs to be moved into first gear for small hills. By contrast, my N6 and N7 combines, with the same transmission, are very responsive and drive easily in third and fourth gears on the road, and in second and third gears in the field.

4. Suggestions regarding my Gleaner R60 combine problems are welcome. On a positive note I like my Gleaner combines. Their threshing capacity is good, the flow pattern of crop through the combine is short, the accelerator rollers are beneficial for harvesting undulating fields, and the components are relatively easy to access for service and repair. You are welcome to comment on why you like your Gleaner Combines.
jsloan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think your problem with the seperator switch may be the switch itself. Have you tried swapping it out with another or replacing? The speed readout, not sure there. Hydro, are all the filters fresh, and oil too?
tbeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

For the separator clutch, the switch on console goes into Seat Interlock Module. Before the SIM will allow clutch to engage, Seat switch (or bypass) must be closed. Since yours remains engaged, it seems your switch or SIM is supplying constant voltage to clutch or clutch is sticking. There is an 8-pin connector coming off the SIM, and a Purple/Black wire comes from console separator switch supplying 12V to SIM for separator, a Purple wire comes out of connector going to separator clutch. If you have a meter, check these pins by accessing right side of cab under console for access to this module. This module also controls bin unloader through a 6-pin connector. With all of your issues, maybe a ground problem. Ground issues can be very misleading. I would first check to see if 12V is being supplied when switch is off. Hope this is of some value, just had similar issues with feeder clutch - similar circuit.
orange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.