The Combine Forum banner

R62 Header Drive

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  AC200Puller 
#1 ·
Purchased an R62 went out to try it and the head would keep stalling out with little in it. Had someone turn on the header drive while I watched and the electric clutch seems to be very week and is slipping I have it apart and putting power to it the magnet seems to work but I can stick a wrench to it and pull it off with little effort. I was wondering how much effort it should take or what to look for or test?

#2 ·
It could be the springs and cam in the pulley on the front of the feeder house. If it has not been greased enough the cams go out, and need to be rebuilt. We had that on a machine we bought. It ran the bean head but when we put the corn head on it just slowed down when we got into the field. nothing about $500 will not fix.

#6 ·
Header clutch on my L quit a couple of years ago. Tried the new one on a metal bench before installing. It was so strong I could not get it off the bench. Was told it is possible for part of the winding to short out giving only half strength. Could not get one for a few days so I drilled through clutch and armature and put one bolt through it to hold it together. Finish last 50 ac of corn that way. Just can't stop the header. Shut the engine off if needed and took the belt off to drive home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.