S77 in corn - Page 6 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #51 (permalink)

Bighopper, My opinion is you would be happy. I have a very strong hunch you will get at least as good if not better seperation in the wet corn. I know hyper allways shot for 1/4% total machine loss thus he come up with high low seperator bars. There was quite alot of hype about the PFP in the older machines. I just relate some of what the guys had seen in some of the aftermarket rotors with the steggered bars. You could be just thrilled with standard setup in the super with all it extra seperating area compaired to your currant machine. I think the Gleaner rotor with bars all in line over concave is a great deal to completely thresh the cobs just as they have rolled up the feeder. Now when you get to seperator side and you have grean leaves ect I think gaps will catch and pull the leaves rather than press against cage. I only know of the one guy with any short reverse bars and he has no corn. I just heard from him a couple days ago and he is running machine just as he set it up last year and is just thrilled in all crops. Prior to last year he had been away from Gleaner for over 20 years. I can't say just how much power normal reverse bars take in wet corn but I know they can take a ton in other green crops. I have heard if the concave is plugging in wet corn the reverse bars will keep it swept clean. Now you got to realize this was with the old machines and often times helicals were purposely causing a double pass of allready threshed crop. The Super is enough different hear where I don't know if you will ever see concave plugging. Sounds to me you are close to what you want with your old machine. I believe the Super is just what you need to step into even if a little factory alteration will make it a better fit. Even if you step into a new machine now you will have excelant property to trade when a bigger yet machine arrives. The fellow with steggered two bolt bars in corn did not have any screen plugging that I know of. He is running 12 Gerrinhof knife head so don't know how much junk it is sucking off the ground.
nddan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.